|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Kill 10 Confirmed, or|
teleport to the eyeball room with Teleporter Prototype.
|"the jammed thing"|
|Etched into its chambers is a single worn glyph.
Allows the Kin to see, as you might.
Yellow Chamber is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon entering a room, there is a high chance that an enemy will become charmed for the duration of the room.
- After clearing the room, the charmed enemy (if still alive) is then automatically killed without dropping any money.
- Grants two heart containers.
- Increases fire rate by 15%.
- Increases curse by 2.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Hellhole - If the player has Singularity, it spawns a hell portal that sucks enemies in and deals high damage.
- Just Like The Real Thing - If the player has Shotgrub, it fires a wide spread of five bullets, which bounce back and split into waving bullets after hitting a wall, similar to the Shotgrub enemy's attack.
- Kaliber's Grip - If the player has Abyssal Tentacle, the Abyssal Tentacle will become gray and yellow, dealing more damage, as well as being able to latch onto two enemies.
- Kailber k'pow uboom k'bhang - If the player also has High Kaliber, the soul spawned by hitting an enemy with High Kaliber initially moves towards the player instead of away.
- Kalibreath - If the player has Dragunfire, it and its projectiles turn grey, it gains an increased rate of fire, and it gains notable knockback on enemies, but loses the piercing attribute.
- Pitch Perfect - If the player has Pitchfork, it fires green fireballs, setting enemies permanently aflame.
- Super Space Turtle DX - If the player has Super Space Turtle, Super Space Turtle becomes jammed, firing small rockets with higher damage.
- The charming effect only occurs upon entering combat; enemies that spawn in waves will not be charmed.
- Upon completing a room with a charmed enemy, tentacles will appear under the enemy and drag it into the floor.
- The charmed enemy will have a stunned effect animation while being killed by the tentacles.
- The tentacles will sometimes not kill the charmed enemy, and it will wander around in the room, trying to kill enemies adjacent to the room it's in. This is fixed when the tentacles kill a different charmed enemy.
- Yellow Chamber will not provide any armor to The Robot.
- Yellow Chamber will not charm or kill Red-Caped Bullet Kin.
- Occasionally, if a Spent is charmed and the room is cleared, the Spent will be killed by the tentacles and the doors will open despite the next wave of Spent spawning.
- Projectiles from charmed enemies still do damage to the player.
- Some companions, like the Owl, Baby Good Shelleton and R2G2 will still attack charmed enemies on sight.
- If two Yellow Chambers are somehow obtained it can charm a second enemy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally, when viewing the minimap, the chambers of the Yellow Chamber may blink. The chamber may also fall away to reveal a large eye.
- This item is reference to Robert W. Chambers's book of short stories titled The King in Yellow.
- The fact that this item can also be unlocked by entering the eyeball room possibly correlates to the mirror monster, which both features a glaring eye and shares a similar color palette to the tentacles.
- On occasion, the tentacles that appear to kill the charmed enemy will appear a slight distance away from said enemy rather than directly below them, but the tentacles will still kill the enemy.
- When the charmed enemy is in a minecart by the time the room is cleared, the charmed enemy will stay in the minecart indefinitely instead of dying like normal. While in the minecart, it won't shoot, and will die once ejected from the minecart.
- Charmed Bullet Sharks and Dets will not die after the room is cleared, as they move away from the tentacles. They will drop casings if killed by the player.