|Damage:||Regular Hit: 5|
Critical Hit: 100
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 20 .|
|Occasionally deals massive damage.
This striking handgun was forged hundreds of years ago by a forgotten gunsmith. Though its power has weakened, it occasionally recalls its former might.
Vorpal Gun is a gun that has a 1% chance to fire a critical shot which deals 100 damage.
- Critcaliber - If the player also has Bullet Idol, after taking damage with the gun held, the next Vorpal Gun shot is guaranteed to be a critical shot.
- The chance to fire a critical shot increases with coolness. With 100 coolness, every shot is guaranteed to be a critical.
- Firing the Vorpal Gun while in stealth mode from items such as Smoke Bomb and alike will result in a guaranteed crit.
- Like several other guns such as the 38 Special, it can be fired rapidly after dodge rolling.
- Critical hits do not travel like normal bullets, but instead instantly strike the closest enemy in the cursor's direction regardless of intervening obstacles. Because of this, critical hits will only interact with enemies. Critical hits cannot reveal hidden rooms, break chests, explode barrels, etc.
- Critical hits will not cause mimics to reveal themselves.
- Using Duct Tape to merge this gun with another gun will prevent critical hits.
- The word 'Vorpal' is a nonsense word coined by Lewis Carrol in his nonsense poem 'Jabberwocky'. It describes a blade which is supposedly very sharp.
- This gun is also a reference to an artifact type called "Vorpal" from Dungeons & Dragons, that upon a roll of natural 20 severs the head of those it strikes, in most cases instantly killing them.