The Vampire is an NPC who occasionally appears in the Gungeon after rescuing her. The Vampire offers the player money in exchange for health, trading 20 multiplied by the floor's price multiplier for every the player gives her. She also has a small chance of providing the same effect as a Blood Shrine.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Trading with the Vampire three times unlocks the Wood Beam.
- Trading with the Vampire will not count as taking damage, meaning it won't break Glass Guon Stones or reset the damage bonuses of items like Polaris or the Metronome.
- The Vampire will only accept hearts; she will ignore any the player may have, and, accordingly, cannot trade with The Robot.
- The Vampire can appear in Bello's Shop or in her own room, shaped like an upside-down cross.
- If her room is chosen to be the room containing the trapdoor leading to the Resourceful Rat's Lair, it will appear directly beneath her feet. Despite this, the player can still open it and use it.
- The Vampire gives more money for a full heart than it costs to buy one from the shop.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Talking to her in the Gungeon:
- "You seem to have more than enough to get by. Enough, perhaps... to share? I'll reward you handsomely."
Accepting her trade:
- "Oh, how I hunger eternal for living blood! Thank you kindly."
- "The blood is the life... and now it's mine! Take your metal."
- "Oh, don't be so negative. Be positive!"
- "Bleh, bleh!"
Talking to her after trading once:
- "Fangs for trading!"
- "I'm also a werewolf! It's true."
- "Life sucks, then you're jammed."
- "I really sunk my teeth into medicine, but my efforts were in vain."
- "Gungeoneers don't bleed as much as you'd expect, given all the bullets."
- "Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? The luckiest alive is the one who finds... the Gun."
Talking to her with half a heart left, or when playing as The Robot:
- "It seems you thirst as much as I do. Come back when you're feeling a little more robust."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlocking the Wood Beam by trading with the Vampire may be a reference to the notion that a wooden stake through the heart is one of a vampire's few weaknesses.
- Her dialogue about studying medicine may imply some relation to Patches and Mendy, with whom she shares some resemblance.
- Her dialogue when the player declines the offer may be a reference to different blood types, positive and negative, or specifically B negative and B positive.
- It could also be a reference to Dota 2's character Bloodseeker, who also says a similar line.
- Her "Do you believe in destiny [...]" dialogue is a parody of a quote from Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- Her dialogue upon unlocking her - "I've crossed oceans of time to find this place" - is also a reference to Bram Stoker's Dracula.