Turbo Mode is a game mode that was added in the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Update, unlockable after defeating the High Dragun at least once, that significantly increases game speed. Players can toggle Turbo Mode by speaking to Tonic in The Breach after rescuing him.
Turbo Mode causes the following things to become faster:
- Player movement speed;
- Dodge rolling;
- Enemy spawn animations.
Turbo Mode doesn't affect:
- Reload speed:
- Enemy attack speed:
- Fuses on chests:
- Fire rate.
- Turbo mode stacks with the 'Increase Speed Out Of Combat' setting, allowing the player to move extremely quickly out of combat.
- Turbo mode will not speed up the past, making a faster past only possible with increased speed out of combat.
- If the player talks to Tonic with 5000 or more hegemony credits, he will extort 90% of the player's credits and buy a new yellow skin.
- When turbo mode is on, the floor map will have Tonic's head in the top-right.
- Despite Turbo Mode speeding up the game, certain aspects are not sped up. For instance, reload time and charge time will remain the usual speed. This may put the player at a disadvantage.
- When playing in Co-op, Turbo mode will only affect Player 1, unless they are dead, in which case Player 2 gets the effects.
- The name "Tonic the Sledge Dog" refers to Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Turbo mode's increased speed also references Sonic's ability of speed.
- Tonic turning yellow also references Sonic's spines being yellow during his Super Sonic transformation, activated through obtaining all seven Chaos Emeralds.
- When the player completes Tonic's challenge, a golden statue of a chili dog will appear behind Tonic. This references Sonic's favorite food being chili dogs.
- His dialogue "You're too slow!" and others are quotes from Sonic The Hedgehog.
- Tonic has unique dialogue for some Youtubers and streamers who play Enter the Gungeon.