|The Gorgun, Meduzi, has been the end of many novice Gungeoneers.
Her presence can temporarily turn firing mechanisms to stone, and her shrieks call forth bullets from beyond the Curtain.
- Creates a semi-transparent wave that petrifies the player, preventing the player from firing for a time if hit by it while facing her.
- Dives underwater, charging at the player and leaving a trail of poison in her wake.
- Sprays both her guns from her sides simultaneously, starting above her and ending below her. This attack always occurs twice in a row.
- Spews rings of bullets in all directions with small openings. These openings begin to close as they travel outwards.
- Sprays volleys of bullets in all directions, with alternating openings.
- Some active items, like the Bomb, will disappear under the water when used.
- Since her arena is covered in water, items that normally leave Goop on the ground will not be able to. This includes, but is not limited to: Ice Bomb, Molotov and Poison Vial.
- Despite the Gorgun's boss room being made of water, it will not extinguish the player if they are on fire.
- If you can keep Gorgun right against a wall, her bullet spam becomes much easier to manage as long as you stick to the wall at a distance as well.
- A good way to bring her to the wall is to wait until she submerges, where she will follow you around. Stay close to the wall and she will emerge close to it, limiting her wide range.
- The transparent wave can be avoided by rolling through it or facing the other way.
- Her name, Gorgun, is a reference to the Gorgons, monsters from the ancient Greek mythical literature, which included three sisters, who had their hair made out of living creatures.
- The Medusa, the one sister being portrayed here, was the only mortal of the three.
- Meduzi is a portmanteau of the words Medusa and Uzi, the guns she holds in her hands.
- Her ability to turn Gungeoneers into stone references the Gorgons' power to turn anyone that looks directly at them in the eyes into stone.
- The Gorgun can be identified before entering the boss room, as the water filling her arena is visible from the door.
- In the Repentance update for The Binding Of Issac: Rebirth, a previously fanmade boss was added that heavily references the Gorgun; The Siren.
- Both bosses shoot concentric rings of bullets with small openings and sink into the ground to quickly pursue the player
- Additionally, upon her death, the Siren leaves behind her skull which can be destroyed much like the petrified body of the Gorgun.