Abbey of the True Gun
Resourceful Rat's Lair
|The Spent are soulless Gundead, reloaded with no spirit inside.
They can no longer operate guns, but can easily overwhelm a lone Gungeoneer.
Spent are zombie-themed bullet enemies that chase after the player and attempt to deal contact damage. Unlike other enemies, Spent spawn by rising from the ground, often in groups.
Usually, if Spent are the only enemies to fight in a room, the room becomes dark, making it difficult to navigate. Fortunately, Spent possess glow in the dark eyes, giving away their position.
When they get close, they make a brief short-ranged lunge towards the player, attempting to bite them.
- If a Spent spawns jammed, it won't have glow in the dark eyes, making it even more dangerous.
- It is possible that part of the Spent's behavior is a reference to the mythological Hydra - a beast with many heads that would regenerate two heads for every one that was cut off. If you kill one Spent, two more spawn in its place, then killing those two will spawn four more, making it a total of 7 Spent that the player has to kill.
Gummies can spawn larger jammed Spent, which run faster and occasionally stop to release a burst of scattered bullets, which alternate speeds as they travel outwards. Although they run faster, these Spent slow down once they get close to the player. Only one large Spent can be summoned per Gummy at a time.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, the larger Spent made no sounds when they attacked.
- Despite being jammed, they have a rather low amount of health, like regular Spent.
- The physical Ammonomicon contains a picture depicting what happens to traitors in Gundead culture, with their slugs being sliced off by a guillotine and a line of Spent walking away.
Only appearing in the Resourceful Rat's Lair, these skeletal rat-like Spent act similarly to regular Spent and are the supposed minions of the Resourceful Rat. They spawn in large groups and pursue the player to deal contact damage, but die very quickly. They are only termed as Spent in the Kill Screen.
Unlike any other kind of Spent, Rat Spent do not emerge from the ground and instead spawn like any default enemy. In addition, the room does not go dark if they are the only enemies present in the room.