|Shot Speed:||23 (Bullet)|
|Sell Creep Price:|
|Farewell to arms|
|Infinite ammo. Does not reveal secret walls. Brought to the Gungeon by a legendary gunplay expert.
Called the gunslinger by his foes not because of his ability to aim and shoot but because of his unusual habit of literally slinging his gun once it is out of ammo and replacing it with another from his magical belt of a million guns.
Slinger is the starting weapon of The Gunslinger. When reloaded with an empty magazine, the gun is thrown, which can stun enemies.
- The gun thrown when the clip is emptied is unaffected by some bullet modifiers — namely, those that increase damage and those that multiply the number of bullets fired (except for the Y.V. Shrine).
- Omega Bullets is excluded from this, as Omega Bullet's damage increase only applies to the thrown gun.
- The Slinger has a faster fire rate after a dodge roll.
- The Slinger fires faster when shot rapidly like a semi-automatic weapon, rather than holding the trigger like an automatic.
- The Slinger has zero bullet spread and its accuracy cannot be decreased, making it one of the most precise guns in the game.
- The Slinger is the fastest-firing of all the starter weapons.
- Uniquely, Slinger has two reload animations. If reloaded with an empty clip, the Gunslinger will throw it and get a new one from his belt. If the clip is not empty, then the gun will spin.
- The gun thrown when the clip is emptied will retain its original appearance even if the gun's appearance when held has been modified by an item, such as Platinum Bullets.
- The Slinger is one of the three weapons in the NONE gun class that can be obtained in normal play, the others being the Chamber Gun and the Kruller Glaive.
- The Slinger being in the NONE class may be an intentional attempt to avoid skewing the Gunslinger's loot pools. Most character starters other than Blasphemy are in the SHITTY gun class, which makes many other low tier guns less common. Since many low tier guns have synergies making them much more powerful, the Slinger being in the NONE class may be to prompt them to show up more often as the Gunslinger.
- This gun was actually a cut gun from the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Update.
- While it is impossible to see in-game due to the gun having the infinite ammo variable set to true, the Slinger has a maximum ammo of 500.
- This gun might be a reference to Borderlands. In it, the manufacturer Tediore's guns have the unique property that they are thrown as a grenade instead of being reloaded like other weapons. Furthermore, the challenge consisting of dealing damage using this mechanic is called "Gun Slinger".
- The Slinger has a charge style projectile assigned to it that it is incapable of firing and is therefore rendered unused. This projectile is a duplicate of the basic projectile of the Boxing Glove and is likely developer error.