Shortcuts allow the player to start a run on a later floor.
After talking to him in the Breach, the Tinker will begin to appear in elevator shafts. In order to talk to the Tinker, the player has to step away from the elevator (first room of any floor) until it disappears and then drop down the hole.
After completing a series of quests for the Tinker, the elevator room in The Breach will grant direct access to the corresponding floor.
Talking to the Tinker in The Breach after completing a new shortcut will unlock a new gun or item.
After using a shortcut the Resourceful Rat will give the player a choice of guns that they may take.
List of Shortcuts
The corresponding unlocks are unlocked by speaking to the Tinker in the elevator room of The Breach after completing the shortcut.
|Black Powder Mine|
- When using The Robot, if the player has exactly 6 armor pieces and offers them to The Tinker in the Black Powder Mine, The Tinker will only take 5, leaving the player with 1 armor piece.
- The guns received and the number taken depend on which floor is skipped to:
- The Rat will offer the same selection of items until a boss on the floor skipped to is defeated.
- Going for shortcuts on a Rainbow Run can make the process easier since keys are never used to open chests, and the only things to spend money on are low cost consumables.
- In Co-Op, you cannot use The Cultist to fulfill the "6 filled heart container" requirement in the Forge, as the Tinker still ignores him.