|Shield of the Maiden|
|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Defeat the boss of the Keep of the Lead Lord without getting hit.|
|Block And Load|
|Use to block bullets.
This old and battered shield has seen better days, but it still gets the job done. A useful addition to any Gungoneer's arsenal when used in moderation. Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity.
Shield of the Maiden is an active item.
- Pulls up a shield that protects the player from bullets and contact damage.
- The player is immobile while the shield is active.
- The shield can be active for a maximum of 4 seconds. It will blink right before it's about to go down to alert the player.
- Firing a weapon or rolling immediately takes the shield down.
- Mirror Shield - If the player also has the Rolling Eye, Shield of the Maiden will reflect bullets while it is active.
- Shield Night - If the player also has Knight's Gun, reloading the gun will leave a shield on the floor, just like the Betrayer's Shield. It will break automatically after 4 seconds.
- If the player has Shield of the Maiden active when swallowed by a Tarnisher, the player will not take damage but will instead lose the item. The item can be recovered after killing the Tarnisher.
- Certain effects like explosions, poison, fire, and electricity can still damage the player through the shield.
- It can block the Beholster's eye laser.
- Does not work well with the Super Hot Watch as the shield renders you immobile.
- The description has references to the Bloodborne item Wooden Shield.
- The shield itself is a reference to the indie game Eitr.
- The Shield Night synergy is possibly a reference to Shield Knight from the game Shovel Knight.
- The Mirror Shield synergy is a reference to the item of the same name from the Legend of Zelda series.
- The item's interaction with Tarnishers is a reference to Like Likes from the Legend of Zelda series, who eat Link's shield.
- The shield shares a sprite with the Flying Disc from Exit the Gungeon.
Shield of the Maiden's appearance with the Mirror Shield synergy.