Black Powder Mine
|Shades of Evil|
|Seemingly controlled by an unseen master, this mysterious form recently began stalking the Chambers of the Gungeon.|
Shadow Magician is a mini-boss that randomly appears in the Gungeon in a room roughly the same size as a boss room. Defeating the Shadow Magician for the first time unlocks the Bottle. Defeating him 5 times unlocks Cursed Bullets.
Shadow Magician periodically twirls around the room, and is invulnerable while twirling. Otherwise, he remains stationary for the most part while performing one of the following attacks:
- Fires lightning shaped bullets at the player that frequently zigzag in an uneven manner.
- Summons a few small bullet rings from his hat. These bullet rings shoot out sideways before attempting to curve at high speed towards the player.
- Sprays a chaotic wave of bullets across a 135 degree angle.
- Summons a small number of enemies that are based on the current floor. This effect happens usually only once around the beginning of the fight, but he can sometimes summon enemies mid-fight.
Upon death, he drops several pickups. This can include Maps and occasionally a chest.
- In the Forge, the Shadow Magician can summon a Dead Blow.
- The Shadow Magician can occasionally summon a Gun Fairy.
- Shadow Magician's attacks and appearance are near identical to Agunim's.
- Shadow Magician is a reference to Agahnim's Shadow from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
- Shadow Magician may also be a reference to Dark Magician from Yu-Gi-Oh!.