|Sell Creep Price:||16|
|Creates a temporary second you.
Though the quality of this clone is debatable, Believe It! or not, this clone has seen extensive use in the Gungeon.
Not to be confused with the Clone. While the Clone provides a second chance at life, the Shadow Clone will merely laugh at you upon your demise.
Shadow Clone is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, spawns a temporary clone of the player.
- The clone's movements are opposite to the playberd
- The clone will shoot with the same weapon the player has equipped, and aims where the player aims.
- The clone blocks enemies and enemy bullets.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Kinjutsu - If the player also has Decoy, Shadow Clone spawns three clones.
- Multiple clones can be spawned at the same time.
- If you spawn the shadow clone too close to the wall, then it will clip into the wall.
- The clone can block the Wallmonger, which is halted and cannot move.
- However, the camera will keep panning down while the Wallmonger is stuck, causing it to leave the screen (this makes short range weapons unusable); after being stuck for a while the Wallmonger will teleport back to the screen, likely dealing contact damage to the player in the process.
- The clone won't shoot the Chamber Gun (Doesn't matter what version of the Chamber Gun is used).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is referring to Naruto Uzumaki's favored technique from the namesake anime series Naruto.
- The words "Believe it!" in the item description are a direct reference to his catchphrase early on in the English dubbed series.
- The item's icon is that of a ninja scroll, which in the series can be use to store items or techniques for later use.
- The item description "No Jutsu" is meant to be appended to the name (i.e. "Shadow Clone No Jutsu"), meaning "the technique of shadow clone".
- it could also be read as "No technique".
- The term "kinjutsu" is used in the series to refer to forbidden techniques; however, the Kinjutsu synergy seems to be referencing the basic Substitution Jutsu, although it is possible that it is referencing the Multi-shadow clone jutsu.