|Ring of the Resourceful Rat|
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Defeat the first two phases of the Resourceful Rat.|
|A ring once worn by the Resourceful Rat. Represents a tenuous kinship with a one-time foe.|
Ring of the Resourceful Rat is a passive item.
- If the Resourceful Rat takes an item or gun, he will give another item or gun of the same type and quality.
- The Rat can be traded with once per floor after acquiring the ring. Unused trades will carry over to subsequent floors, allowing multiple trades on a single floor to be possible.
- If the player lets the rat steal the Bullet That Can Kill The Past without picking it up first, it will be replaced with an passive item.
- "Unranked" items, such as starting items, Glass Guon Stones, or Junk, will be taken by the Rat without him leaving any items in return.
- The Resourceful Rat will not trade with the player if they have the Resourceful Indeed synergy.
- The Resourceful Rat will, however, still trade with the player without the synergy even if they have beaten him in the Punch-Out!! phase of his boss fight. In this state, he will not steal if all trades are used up, however he will still steal certain pickups.
- While playing a Rainbow Run, if the Resourceful Rat steals an item from a rainbow chest, the other seven items will disappear; thus, only one item per chest can be traded.
- The Resourceful Rat always trades with the latest item that qualifies for trading (most recently dropped).
- The Resourceful Rat will not trade with the player while in the Resourceful Rat's Lair.
- Trading is triggered the same way that the Resourceful Rat usually steals from the player; that is, by dropping an item or gun in a room and then leaving the room for a few seconds.
- The Resourceful Rat will not trade active items with passive items and vice versa.
- Once the Rat cycles through every gun or item (depending on what was traded) of one quality, he will cycle through guns/items of one tier lower.
- Unused trades from a previous life with the Clone will not carry over after death.
- If duplicates of this item are somehow obtained, allows more trades with the rat.
- For some reason, the description of this item in the Japanese version gives a completely different explanation. There are no other items with equivalent functionality, so it's not like it's being replaced with something else, or are you just using the prototype description? Here is the original
- イヒヒヒヒ! かしこいネズミがはめていた指輪。 感覚がするどくなり、ふつうなら見落とすようなものにも気付ける。 そうびすると、たいていの毒を浴びてもダメージを受けなくなり、1度だけなら死を免れることもできるという。
- And here is the translated version: Ihihihihi! A ring worn by a smart mouse. I feel sick and notice things that I would normally overlook. If you do so, you will not be damaged by most poisons, and you can escape death only once.