|Ring of Miserly Protection|
|Sell Creep Price:|
|Aids The Fiscally Responsible|
|Increases health substantially. Any purchases will shatter the ring.
Before the Shopkeep opened his shop, he was an avaricious and miserly man. He remains careful about any expenditures, but through capitalism he has purged himself of negative emotion.
Ring of Miserly Protection is a passive item.
- Grants two heart containers. Disappears upon purchasing anything from any shop.
- Porkulent - If the player has Pig, purchases will not destroy the ring.
- The item disappears if it is dropped.
- The ring cannot be sold, as it disappears immediately even if dropped atop the Sell Creep's grate.
- The ring will not break in co-op if the player who is not wearing this item buys something.
- The ring will not break if the player steals an item.
- The ring will not break if the player pays money towards the Gnawed Key before it is unlocked.
- The ring will not break if the player plays Winchester's minigame or uses the Y.V. Shrine.
- Buying from Flynt, Cursula, or Synergrace counts as purchasing from a shop and will destroy the ring.
- Acquiring a Payday item (Clown Mask, Drill, or Loot Bag) by causing the shopkeeper to close his shop will count as a purchase and destroy the ring.
- The ring will not provide any armor to The Robot; instead, the player will receive 20 when picking up the item.
- Upon disappearing, the ring removes the rightmost two heart containers, whether they are empty or full.
- The ring will not break upon paying the wager to the Gunsling King.
- The Ring of Miserly Protection is a reference to a ring in Dark Souls called the "Ring of Favor and Protection", which boosts several stats but breaks when removed.
- It may also be a reference to Animal Farm by George Orwell, the premise of which is a group of animals taking over a farm and turning into a Communist dictatorship, hence why The Ring of Miserly Protection breaks upon buying from a shop.