|Really Special Lute|
|82.5 (if all bullets hit)|
|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Energizes companionable listeners.
Barely a gun at all, but a very, very special lute. Or so were [sic] told.
Seems to get out of tune when blue fire is around.
Really Special Lute is a gun that fires a spread of 7 bullets that have a chance to charm enemies. While firing, it also buffs the player's companions, doubling the damage of their projectiles.
- Three Part Harmony - If the player also has Metronome, the gun's spread is drastically decreased.
- The companion buff does not apply to melee attacks.
- This includes most of Ser Junkan's attacks, save for their Angelic Knight and Mecha Junkan forms.
- If taped to another gun using Duct Tape, companions will no longer be buffed.
- This gun is completely unaffected by accuracy increasing items, such as Muscle Relaxant.
- This gun’s description is a reference to Patrick Rothfuss’s Kingkiller Chronicle book series. The main character, Kvothe, plays the lute, and searches throughout the series for a way to defeat the Chandrian, a magical group that cause flames to turn blue when they are near.
- The synergy Three Part Harmony may be a reference to the Kingkiller Chronicle as the main character performs once a difficult ballad requiring to play 3 melodies at once : two from the lute and one by singing.
- Three Part Harmony could also be a Tenacious D reference. Their video "Wonder Boy" includes lutes too.
- This gun's ability to buff companions may be a reference to the Bard's ability to give allies inspiration in Dungeons & Dragons.
- In the final scene of The Bullet's past, a Coaler is holding it, despite the scene being added in the Supply Drop Update.
- The tag line "Purple Prose", is an expression that refers to overly flowery and elaborate prose.
- Before the Farewell to Arms Update, this gun was an unused reskin of the Face Melter and acted identically to the Face Melter, firing notes in four directions.
- This gun may also be a reference to the Golden Lute from the Crypt of The Necrodancer series.