|Damage:||3x7 (Bullets, 21) + 3 (Beam)|
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Reward from hunting quests.|
|Snakes On A Gun|
|The Rattler was one of Emmitt Calx's worst, and last, ideas. This is a Winchester shotgun with an extremely venomous snake wrapped around it, adding a poisonous blast to each volley. Requires extreme dexterity to reload.|
Rattler is a gun that simultaneously fires a shotgun blast and a beam that has a chance to poison enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Not So Sawed-Off - If the player also has Buzzkill, Buzzkill's saw blades move slower and are linked with lightning.
- Twin Snakes - If the player also has Snakemaker, the Rattler's shots become beams that have a chance to poison enemies and the Snakemaker's shots gain a homing effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pickup line, "Snakes on A Gun," is a reference to the film Snakes on a Plane.
- The Twin Snakes synergy is a reference to the Metal Gear Solid series.
- The gun's name is likely a reference to the poem "The Rattler," in which a man is confronted by a snake similar in color to the one wrapped around the gun.