|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Pick it up after finding it in one of the Resourceful Rat's chests.|
|Grants temporary invulnerability and flight when the wearer walks out over a pit.
The Resourceful Rat's prolific thievery is legendary - and these boots helped him do it. Stolen off a hapless pointy-eared adventurer.
- Grants temporary invulnerability and flight when the wearer walks out over a pit for about 1 second.
- Increases by 1.5.
- Resourceful Indeed - If the player also has Partially-Eaten Cheese, Elimentaler, and Resourceful Sack, the player becomes the Resourceful Rat, preventing items from being stolen when they're left behind in rooms.
- Use of Cigarettes is not possible during the invincibility period.
- Can be used to cheat in some of Winchester's games by walking over the gaps and onto solid ground inside the game area.
- The effect does not activate if the player has flight.
- Rat Boots is one of the few mobility items that still work inside the Aimless Void and make it possible to go out of bounds.
- If you stand above a pit with Rat Boots after killing Lich's first stage, it's possible to soft-lock the game. To do this, you have to fall and take damage as the hand grabs you.
- If duplicates of this item are somehow obtained, further increases player's movement speed.
- This item is a reference to the Hover Boots from the game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, sharing a similar appearance (albeit with a more cheese-like look) and effect, however the Hover Boots don't provide invincibility. The "pointy-eared adventurer" mentioned in the description is also a reference to Link, the protagonist of the Legend of Zelda series.