This page lists content that was in Enter the Gungeon's Pre-Alpha, but is no longer in the full game. For general unused content, see Unused and Cut Content.
Title Screen[edit | edit source]
These are the title screens for the Alpha and Pre-Alpha.
Load Screen[edit | edit source]
Different load screen:
Character Select[edit | edit source]
The Pre-Alpha equivalent of part of The Breach.
Different character loadouts listed:
Pre-Alpha Breach[edit | edit source]
The Breach is different in the pre-alpha, having no character select and the tailor off to the side.
Gun Test Mode[edit | edit source]
Removed in the full version, as it was only for testing and debugging.
Guns[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Name||Quote||Type||Magazine Size||Ammo Capacity||Damage||Shot Speed||Range||Force|
|Unused since V1.0.0. Exactly like Ice Ogre Head, but with fire. Used in the pre-alpha.||The original model was merely a Mega Douser filled with gasoline, and a lighter taped to the nozzle. Since then, the Gungeon's Acquisitions Department ordered an upgrade.|
|Rogue Special (Old)||N/A||Semiautomatic||15||350||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Brown version of the Rogue Special from the pre-alpha, where starting guns had limited ammo.||N/A|
|Old version of the M1911 from the pre-alpha. Has a notably smaller sprite.||N/A|
|32px||Marine Sidearm (Old)||?||?||10||350||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Old version of the Marine Sidearm from the pre-alpha.||N/A|
|32px||Space Core Assault Rifle (Old)||?||?||30||250||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Old version of the Void Core Assault Rifle from the pre-alpha.||N/A|
|32px||Thompson Submachine (Old)||?||?||30||250||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Old version of the Thompson Sub-Machinegun from the pre-alpha.||N/A|
|32px||Winchester Shotgun (Old)||?||?||10||350||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Old version of the Winchester from the pre-alpha.||N/A|
|Lt. Red’s Shotgun||Red. So Much Red.||?||6||40||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Obtained by choosing Lt. Red as the new leader of the Colorscant Soldiers.||N/A|
|32px||Lt. Green’s Rifle||?||?||?||?||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
|Obtained by choosing Lt. Green as the new leader of the Colorscant Soldiers.||N/A|
Items[edit | edit source]
|Key Bullet||Active & Pickup||N/A||The pre-alpha’s version of the Key. Can be attached to guns and fired as a homing bullet that finds the nearest in-room chest.||N/A|
|Tweezers||?||?||Pre-alpha exclusive item. Unknown effect.||N/A|
Coin[edit | edit source]
Early version of the current Coin that looked like a round coin instead of a bullet shell. Brown coins gave one coin, silver gave ten, and gold has never been shown.
Colorscant Soldiers[edit | edit source]
A set of 4 NPCs. Each had a colored face and outfit, their outfits matching their names: Lieutenant Red, Lieutenant Green, Yellow, and Blue. They surround the dead body of their leader, Colonel Purple. They task you with deciding who their next leader will be.
Dialogue:[edit | edit source]
Colonel Purple’s Body:
- “The body is riddled with strangely hole-shaped claw marks.”
- “Colonel Purple is toast, man! Game over! If we don’t choose a new leader we’re done for! You! Choose either Lt. Red or Lt. Green!”
- “I can’t believe Col. Purple got attacked by a monster. . .”
- “We were about to set up camp when all of a sudden, this horrible blue demon appeared!”
- “If it wasn’t for Col. Purple’s sacrifice, we would all have been eaten up.”
- “I don’t know which is best, Red or Green. I’m just glad I don’t have to make the call.”
- “Col. Purple brought us into a death trap! And now a monster got him and we’re stuck here!”
- “We need to shoot our way back up and leave this bullet forsaken planet.”
- “Whoa! Watch out, I thought you were the monster that killed Col. Purple, back for revenge!”
- “I was with Col. Purple the longest, I know his wishes. You should pick me!”
- “Col. Purple would know what to do.”
- “This monster came out of nowhere. I can still see his terrible blue face and hideous purple scales.”
- “Lt. Green is a good soldier, but not leader material if you know what I’m saying.”
- “I’m a veteran of a thousand campaigns. I’ve killed like, millions of insect aliens.”
- “We should follow Col. Purple’s last wishes and get to the end of the Gungeon.”
- “Col. Purple was looking for something here. If I’m leader, I intend to find out what.”
- “Whatever the cost, you carry out a mission. That’s the Red family way.”
- “I miss my husband back on Colorscant. But he’d want me to be brave and sweaty.”
- “Whatever crusade Col. Purple was on, it must have been important.”
- “Col. Purple was a real joker. He loved to pretend to be a monster and jump out and scare us.”
Upon speaking to Blue again:
- “Who’s it gonna be?”
- I need to think it over.
- I’m ready to choose a new squad leader.
Upon choosing “I’m ready to choose a new squad leader”:
- “Who should our new squad leader be?”
- Lt. Green. You need a change of pace.
- Lt. Red. His honor swayed me.
If you choose Lt. Red:
- “Good call. The new leader should use Col. Purple’s gun, so here’s Lt. Red’s Shotgun.”
Blue after choosing Lt. Red:
- “Lt. Red is a capable soldier. I hope he gets us out of here in one piece.”
Yellow after choosing Lt. Red:
- “You have chosen Col. Purple’s ghost to lead us. We’ll see how that ends.”
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Colorscant is likely a reference to Coruscant, a planet in Star Wars.
- It is unknown what dialogue occurs if Lt. Green is chosen, but the gun awarded is Lt. Green's Rifle.
- It is likely that the Soldiers accidentally killed Col. Purple, as Red states that “He loved to pretend to be a monster and jump out and scare us.” and the monster had a “terrible blue face and hideous purple scales”, while Col. Purple has blue skin and a purple outfit.
Bulletzebub Shrine[edit | edit source]
- An early version of the Shell'tan Shrine.
- "A shrine to Bulletzebub, demon shelleton of ammo."
- Kneel at the altar
- Walk away
Peace Shrine (Old)[edit | edit source]
- An early version of the Peace Shrine.
- "A shrine to the rubber bullet of peace.
- Kneel at the altar
- Walk away
Pro Tips (Demo Ammonomicon)[edit | edit source]
This Ammonomicon was the demo Ammonomicon from the pre-alpha that appeared if the player clicked on the "Pro Strats" option in the settings. None of the other tabs can be clicked.
In the pre-alpha, the Ammonomicon option in the settings was grayed out.
It seems to include a help tab with the game controls and "Pro Tips" - this was likely scrapped after control rebinding was introduced. One of the "Pro Tips" mentions the unused feature in the pre-alpha that would give the player a supply drop with a new starting gun when their starting gun ran out of ammo and they had no other guns (starting guns had limited ammo in the pre-alpha). It also lists the teleporter icons as originally being a + symbol on the map screen. It has an early version of the Bosses tab icon along with an unused tab, a statistics tab, and a Death tab (the tab that only appears in the Ammonomicon after dying).