|17.9 (Level 1)|
43.0 (Level 2)
71.6 (Level 3)
|Damage:||5 (Level 1)|
6x2 (Level 2)
20 (Level 3)
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Complete the Hollow 20 times.|
|A mysterious gun that grows in strength on each kill. Substantial power is lost any time its wielder is damaged.
Stories are told of a rebellious android that once used this gun in a conflict deep underground. The handle is marked with two small tick marks.
Polaris is a gun with three levels. Killing enough enemies with the gun causes it to level up, increasing its damage. However, taking damage decreases the gun's level by 1.
- Star Friends - If the player also has Stuffed Star, while Stuffed Star is active and Polaris is held, the player continually fires maximum level Polaris shots in all directions.
- Square Brace - If the player also has Bracket Key or Bionic Leg, Polaris gains 20% increased damage, increased ammo capacity of 700, increased magazine size of 30, increased fire rate when leveled up, automatic firing, and a new appearance.
- The distance between the two bullets that fire at level 2 is wider with this synergy.
- The gun does not change appearance between levels with this synergy.
- Taking any damage, even while the gun is not equipped, will decrease its level.
- Taking damage while at level 1 resets any progress made towards the next level.
- Dropping Polaris will reset its level.
- Level 2 requires killing 11 enemies of any type, while level 3 requires an additional 20.
- Polaris's level does not affect its selling price.
- While level 1 and 3 fire a single projectile of varying damage, level 2 fires two. Because of this, level 2 projectiles have double the probability of gaining chance-based bullet effects (e.g., Vorpal Bullets, Katana Bullets, Hungry Bullets, etc.).
- When used alongside Helix Bullets at level 2, the two bullets fired follow the same helical pattern instead of cris-crossing one another.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, Polaris had 400 maximum ammo.
- The symbol for reaching level 3 appears every time after killing an enemy once Polaris is at level 3 and it has killed a large amount of enemies.
- If Polaris is combined with another weapon with Duct Tape it fires all 3 levels every shot, consuming 3 ammo. It does not change level if the player takes damage.
- Prior to the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Update, Polaris had 0.07 fire rate.
- Trading hearts with the Vampire will not affect the level of Polaris.
- This gun is a reference to the Polar Star from Cave Story.
- Cave Story's weapon leveling mechanics are also the inspiration for this weapon's abilities.
- The "two small tick marks" refers to Quote ("), the main playable character of the game.
- The synergy Square Brace is a reference to Curly Brace, a robot character in Cave Story.
- Its altered appearance due to the Square Brace synergy is identical to the Machine Gun from the same game, which replaces the Polar Star upon obtaining it from Curly Brace.
Polaris's appearance with the Square Brace synergy.