|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Reward from hunting quests.|
|A strange pig.
This pig... there's nothing obviously wrong with him. His shifty glances and uncanny stares make you wonder about his motivations. Maybe not the greatest pig to have around.
Pig is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Summons a pig familiar who mostly does nothing but follow the player around.
- If the player dies, the pig will jump in the way of the finishing shot, sparing the player, effectively granting an extra life and removing the item from the player's inventory.
- Upon being saved, the player will gain full health.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bacon and Eggs - If the player also has The Scrambler, its shot speed is increased by 50%.
- The Elephant in the Room - If the player has Elephant Gun, it becomes an elephant head and shoots elephants instead of bullets.
- Hyper Beam - If the player has Heroine, when Pig dies, Heroine's ammo is fully refilled and it temporarily switches to Hyper Beam mode, where uncharged shots deal 80 damage and charged shots deal 160 damage. Heroine will automatically revert to its original form after 30 seconds.
- The Line Of Fire - If the player has Composite Gun, its shots leave a trail of fire.
- Porkulent - If the player has Ring of Miserly Protection, purchases will not destroy the ring.
- The Return - If the player has T-Shirt Cannon, Trashcannon, Science Cannon, Luxin Cannon, Makeshift Cannon, Serious Cannon, Pulse Cannon, Poxcannon, or Vulcan Cannon, the pig turns green to resemble Cannon, and now shoots bat projectiles at nearby enemies. A Baby Good Mimic will not copy the synergy if the Pig gains the synergy after the Baby Good Mimic is collected.
- Tea For Two - If the player also has Teapot, when reloading the teapot, a small red aura will appear around the pig. Every enemy in this aura will be ignited.
- Does not revive a player in coop mode if they are not the last player standing, and may softlock the game.
- If the player has Baby Good Mimic, acquiring Pig creates a second identical Pig companion. Both companions will sacrifice themselves to save the player.
- If the player has Ration, both are triggered on death, resulting in loss of both.
- If the player has Clone, Pig dies before Clone can trigger.
- When the player has fire immunity and The Line of Fire, the player can safely cover a room in fire with a few shots, especially if they also have Scattershot.
- If the player has Fightsabre, the pig will be knocked back a significant distance when reloading.
- You do not gain temporary invulnerability like you normally would when you take damage upon being revived, making it easy to take damage after coming back to life.
- Since The Robot does not have maximum health or permanent health upgrades, they will always have the default six Armor upon being revived.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the effect of the item occurs, it will be permanently renamed to "Hero Pig", with a new description and pick-up quote that remain even after the run is over.
- Pick-up quote: "He was so young."
- Description: "A hero pig. You should have never doubted this pig. He is a true hero."
- This item may be a reference to the German movie "Siegfried", where a pig saves the protagonist's life by jumping in front of an arrow.
- This item may also be a reference to a viral video titled "Hero Pig Saves Baby Goat," in which a pig appears out of nowhere to assist a drowning baby goat. This may be unlikely, however, due to the fact that there was no sacrifice and the video was staged.
- This item may be a reference to the anime "Seven Deadly Sins", where the talking pig Hawk, the Captain of the Order of Scraps Disposal, has identical properties.
- The Hyper Beam synergy is a reference to the final fight against Mother Brain in Super Metroid, in which after the baby Metroid is killed, Samus gains the Hyper Beam.
- The The Line of Fire synergy refers to the stuffed pig carried by Marvin Boggs (played by John Malkovich) in RED. Malkovich also played the assassin in In the Line of Fire which the Composite Gun is based on.
- The The Return synergy is a reference to Ganon from the Legend of Zelda video game series. The synergy being named "The Return" may be a reference to the game-over screen from Legend of Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, which includes the line "RETURN OF GANON".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Upon being revived while fighting a boss, the music changes as if you were in a normal fight. If the boss is defeated, the music loops with the victory music.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Pigs's appearance with the The Return synergy.