|Sell Creep Price:|
|Unlock Method:||Enter The Cultist's past.|
|Sidekick No More|
|Boosts stats when alone.
Now that the protagonist is dead, it's time to shine!
This item is exclusive to co-op mode and cannot be found via normal gameplay until it is unlocked.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases the player's
by 2 and damage by 41% when their co-op partner is dead.
- The movement speed and damage increase applies when getting the item in singleplayer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Number 2 was not obtainable in single player until A Farewell to Arms.
- If obtained on any other gungeoneers, it will travel with them into the past.
- Cannot be dropped.
- This item isn't required to unlock Finished Gun.
- Number 2 can drop from Rainbow Chests in Rainbow Run.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: Recessive Hero - If the player has Ancient Hero's Bandana, it causes an unknown effect. Removed because it contains a starting item.
- The icon for this item seems to refer to the Anime "Afro Samurai" in which the titular hero wears a similar bandana (standing for "Number 2" as in the second highest ranked warrior) while in pursuit to reclaim his father's bandana which is that of the "Number 1".
- Number 2 shares its sprite shape with Bloodied Scarf and Ancient Hero's Bandana.
- The damage increase when a co-op partner is dead is 1% higher than the health scaling attributed to co-op mode, thus cancelling out its effects.
- As a base item, before increases such as killing enemies with Metronome or carrying Junk with The Robot, it is the highest damage increase in the game, surpassing Riddle of Lead by 11%.