|Sell Creep Price:|
|Unlock Method:||Enter The Cultist's past.|
|Sidekick No More|
|Boosts stats when alone.
Now that the protagonist is dead, it's time to shine!
This item is exclusive to co-op mode and cannot be found via normal gameplay until it is unlocked.
- Increases the player's
by 2 and damage by 41% when their co-op partner is dead.
- The movement speed and damage increase applies when getting the item in singleplayer.
- Number 2 was not obtainable in single player until A Farewell to Arms.
- If obtained on any other gungeoneers, it will travel with them into the past.
- Cannot be dropped.
- This item isn't required to unlock Finished Gun.
- Number 2 can drop from Rainbow Chests in Rainbow Run.
- Unused: Recessive Hero - If the player has Ancient Hero's Bandana, it causes an unknown effect. Removed because it contains a starting item.
- The icon for this item seems to refer to the Anime "Afro Samurai" in which the titular hero wears a similar bandana (standing for "Number 2" as in the second highest ranked warrior) while in pursuit to reclaim his father's bandana which is that of the "Number 1".
- Number 2 shares its sprite shape with Bloodied Scarf and Ancient Hero's Bandana.
- The damage increase when a co-op partner is dead is 1% higher than the health scaling attributed to co-op mode, thus cancelling out its effects.
- As a base item, before increases such as killing enemies with Metronome or carrying Junk with The Robot, it is the highest damage increase in the game, surpassing Eyepatch by 6%.