|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Ox and Cadence for 10 .|
|Gain armor when damaged several times.
These self-replicating Nanomachines transform lead that enters the body into armor.
Nanomachines is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants two pieces of armor upon pickup.
- Grants a piece of armor every 4 times damage is taken.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Future Gangster - If the player also has Thompson Sub-Machinegun, the projectiles are turned into lasers.
- Pistol Machine - If the player also has Machine Pistol, its bullets will be connected by electricity.
- Pretty Good - If the player also has SAA, the player's coolness will be increased by 2.
- Production Model - If the player also has Prototype Railgun, its projectiles bounce up to 5 times.
- Steel Skin - If the player also has AC-15, it will remain in its powered-up form even without armor.
- If duplicates of this item are somehow obtained, allows the effect to happen on each separate Nanomachine.
- Obtaining 4 Nanomachines allows the player to be invincible, as the amount of Nanomachines grants enough armor to negate the damage outright.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: College Ball - If the player has Ballot, it causes an unknown effect.
- The item name and function are references to the nanomachines which Senator Armstrong uses in the final battle of the game "Metal Gear Rising: Revengence" and his famous quote: "Nanomachines, son!"
- The unused "College Ball" synergy also references Armstrong; the Ballot references the fact that Armstrong runs for president, and the name of the synergy is another one of his quotes: "Played college ball, ya know."
- This item and function may also be a reference to Ratchet and Clank's Nanotech, which rebuilds the body whenever wounds are obtained in the series.
- The synergy "Pretty Good" is a reference to the popular quote from Metal Gear Solid, "You're pretty good".
- Its appearance may be a reference to the Nanites from Mystery Science Theater 3000.