|Magazine Size:||Current amount of held|
|Max Ammo:||Current amount of held|
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Ox and Cadence for 100 , or purchase the Microtransaction Gun DLC.|
|Pay To Win|
|Everyone involved in the production of this gun thought it was a bad idea, but the higher-ups made them build it anyway.
Later, management shut down that gun factory for making a gun no one liked.
Microtransaction Gun is a gun that fires gems, books, money, and figurines of the Gungeoneers in exchange for one per shot, listed below.
|Figurine of Marine||20||Pierces enemies and bounces around 4 times|
|Figurine of Pilot||15||Opens locks like the AKEY-47|
|Figurine of Convict||15||Causes a small Molotov effect at its place of impact|
|Figurine of Hunter||15||Homes in on enemies|
|Figurine of a Bullet Kin||8||Charms the enemy on impact|
|Bundle of money||2||None|
This gun can also be unlocked immediately by buying the Collector's Edition, or the relevant DLC.
- http://merch.devolverdigital.com - If the player also has Mustache, Microtransaction Gun's damage is doubled.
- Duct-Taping Microtransaction Gun to another gun will no longer take away money per shot, as long as the tape is first used on the Microtransaction Gun.
- The ammo given by Microtransaction Gun when duct-taped to another weapon is 400, regardless of the amount of money the player has.
- The expression "Pay To Win" is derived from micro-transaction-heavy games, where an advantage over other players can be achieved by investing more money in the game.
- The green crystals this gun fires and uses as its ammo counter may be a reference to "Dungeon Keeper", an iOS game by EA which famously blocked player progress unless they separately purchased green crystals which would greatly speed the game up.
- The randomness of its projectiles may be a reference to lootboxes, a common in-game purchasable that provides random items to buyers.
- The Microtransaction Gun is available as an added DLC on Steam, thus allowing players to make a microtransaction to obtain the Microtransaction Gun immediately rather than unlocking it normally through gameplay.
- Since the Microtransaction Gun's max ammo and current ammo are both equal to the player's , it always reads "Full" if the player tries to collect an ammo box while holding it.
- The Microtransaction Gun is the second most expensive item sold by Ox and Cadence.