|Magazine Size:||30 (Machine Gun)|
3 (Grenade Launcher)
|34.3 (Machine Gun) |
46.05 (Grenade Launcher)
Grenade: 10 (Impact) + 25 (Explosion)
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Trorc for 5 .|
|Alternates with grenades.
The M16 is a classic military-issue machine gun that upon reload, switches projectiles to grenade launcher.
M16 is a gun. Reloading alternates between bursts of three bullets and a grenade launcher.
- Assault and Battery - If the player also has Shock Rifle, the guns are dual wielded.
- Keep The Change - If the player has Blank Companion's Ring, it will occasionally trigger a blank upon shooting the last bullet in a magazine of the M16.
- Mmmmmmmmm MMMMmm! - If the player has M1 and M1911, increases the damage, maximum ammo, and fire rate of all three guns by 25%.
- Each grenade consumes as much ammo as a single bullet. A potential strategy is to fire 1 bullet in machine gun mode, then switch to grenade mode, allowing for greater DPS, ammo efficiency, and the ability to hit multiple enemies at once.
- You can also fire all 3 grenades, then quickly switch to a different weapon. The M16 will passively reload after 1.2 seconds (its regular reload time), while still retaining the grenade firing mode.
- The name of the Mmmmmmmmm MMMMmm! synergy is likely a reference to the distinctive guitar notes prefacing each verse in "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Both the song and all three guns are heavily associated with the Vietnam War.
- The “Underslung,” and “Hip Fire Only,” descriptions are references to the movie, “Predator,” where the main character, Dutch, (portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger) never looks down his M16’s (w/ grenade launcher) sights and always shoots from the hip.
- Immediately switching weapons after initiating a reload while holding the M16 results in the sounds for firing normally and firing grenades being swapped.