|Type:||Semiautomatic (functionally Automatic)|
|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|The most famous rifle in history.
This gun's usefulness and reliability have become legend. Though not native to the Gungeon, its arrival seemed to be expected by the Gundead.
M1 is a gun that fires piercing bullets. As a sniper rifle, its shot speed is extremely fast, and its shots leave lines of smoke. On reload, the M1 makes a distinctive "ping."
- Diazepam - Muscle Relaxant increases this gun's damage by 50%.
- M1 Multi-Tool - If the player also has Scope, Drum Clip, Ammo Belt, Backpack, or Utility Belt, M1's reload time is decreased by 20%, its magazine size is increased by 50%, and its maximum ammo is increased by 80%. Movement speed is also increased while M1 is held.
- Mmmmmmmmm MMMMmm! - If the player also has M16 and M1911, the damage, maximum ammo, and rate of fire of all three guns is increased by 25%.
- Smile, you son of a... - If the player has Compressed Air Tank, its sharks will explode upon biting an enemy. These shark explosions can damage the player.
- Sniper Woof - If the player has Wolf, M1's reload time is decreased by 30%. Standing still for long enough causes the player to glow yellow, making M1 shots deal 50% more damage. Sniper Shells and Professionals become permanently charmed.
- Although classified as semi-automatic, the M1 is functionally automatic, as it's rate of fire does not benefit from tapping the fire button instead of holding it down.
- Unused: The Great War - If the player has Grey Mauser, it causes an unknown effect.
- Altered: Diazepam - Prior to the Supply Drop Update, Diazepam tripled damage instead of increasing it by 50%.
- While it only has six shots instead of eight, the description, shape (such as the band around the rifle's forend), and the distinctive pinging reload noise suggest this rifle is the M1 Garand, the famous semi-automatic rifle that served as the mainstay of the US Army in World War 2. It could also be the later M1 Carbine based on the detachable box magazine (though this might lead one to expect a magazine capacity of 10, 15, or 30 and no distinctive "ping"). However, the weapon in-game is listed as bolt action while both real life counterparts are semi automatic.
- The synergy M1 Multi-Tool is a reference to the MIDA Multi-Tool from the Destiny series. The boost to movement speed is based on MIDA's unique perk, and its appearance resembles a scout rifle from the Destiny series.
- It looks like an M14 rifle which is basically an improved M1 with a detachable box magazine and a butt-stock mag pouch. The synergy name references how soldiers used to carry the M1 Combination Tool, containing a screw driver and a chamber brush.
- The synergy Smile, you son of a... is a reference to the final scene of the movie Jaws, where Martin Brody shoots a gas tank in a shark's mouth with an M1 Garand, making it explode.
- The synergy Sniper Woof is a reference to Metal Gear Solid's Sniper Wolf character.
- The name of the Mmmmmmmmm MMMMmm! synergy is likely a reference to the distinctive guitar notes prefacing each verse in "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Both the song and all three guns are heavily associated with the Vietnam War.
The M1's appearance with the M1 Multi-Tool synergy.