|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Unloads firepower at foes, digs.
This trusty shovel was gifted to one of the first Gungeoneers, by a traveling race of sentient yachts.
Knight's Gun is a gun that fires five bullets in an arrow shape. After reloading an empty clip, the player digs with the gun and can bring up a number of consumables and explosive themed items:
- 1, 5, or 50
- Chaff Grenade
- Cluster Mine
- Glass Guon Stone
- Ice Bomb
- Iron Coin
A "good dig" is classified as anything other than 1 , 5 , or Junk. Only one good dig can be made per room, and Knight's Gun has a maximum of 5 good digs, after which it will find only either a single casing or nothing.
- Green Thumb - If the player also has Pea Shooter, nothing happens. This synergy does nothing.
- Two Kinds of People - If the player also has Colt 1851, the maximum number of good digs is increased to 10, and after the limit is reached, it can still dig up 5 and Junk. The loot table is also modified, resulting in much better quality drops.
- Shield Night - If the player also has Shield of the Maiden, reloading the gun will leave a shield on the floor, just like the Betrayer's Shield. It will break automatically after 4 seconds.
- If the Knight's Gun is out of ammo, they can place a shield down about every second, and multiple shields can exist at the same time (they still decay, however).
- The digging effect bypasses the item acquirement restrictions of Rainbow Mode.
- If the player has used Spice, drops have a chance to be replaced with more Spice (even the 1 casing after all good digs have been expended).
- This weapon is extremely powerful when playing as The Robot, as it frequently digs up Junk, which increases the Robot's damage.
- The amount of "good digs" is reset upon saving and quitting between floors using the Save Button, allowing the player to get 5 more "good digs" after every floor.
- Despite firing multiple bullets like a shotgun, the Knight's Gun is not in the SHOTGUN gun class, instead being classified as SILLY.
- This means that the Knight's Gun does not benefit from the Shotgun Affinity synergy.
- This gun is a reference to the game Shovel Knight.
- The gun's ability to dig up bomb related items may be a reference to Plague Knight, who is a playable character whose play style focuses on using bombs. Bombs are also a common hazard in Shovel Knight that may be found in fake walls or when opening silver platters with the shovel.
- The description is a reference to the creators of Shovel Knight, Yacht Club Games.
- The synergy Shield Night is a reference to Shovel Knight's partner, Shield Knight, as well as her weapon of choice being a shield.
- The Synergy Two Kinds of People is a reference to a line from the film 'The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly'.
- This synergy and the increase to 10 digs is also a reference to the joke '10 kinds of people', in which 10 is binary for two.
- Duct Taping this gun to another gun will change its reload animation to the manual reload animation (not the digging animation). However, it will still dig up items if the magazine is emptied despite this. The second gun's magazine does not need to be emptied in order for the digging to take effect.
- There used to be a bug on the Nintendo Switch that caused the game to crash when the item was found in a chest. This has since been patched.
- "Plowshare" is a reference to a popular card in Magic: The Gathering called "Swords to Plowshares".