|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Defeat the boss of the R&G Dept.|
|These bullets Zero in on their target and keep slashing.
Legend tells of a katana bullet so quick and skilled that it once sliced through a bullet molecule in mid air.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases curse by 1.
- Upon killing an enemy, bullets have a chance to unleash a flurry of slashes along the path of the original bullet, damaging enemies.
- If an enemy is killed with a beam style gun, Katana Bullets has a 100% chance to proc.
- The area of the flurry pushes the player and enemies away.
- The flurry can ignite flammable materials, such as webbing or oil.
- Gives beam style Guns a 50% chance every second while firing to gain double damage for one second, creating random seconds of double damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because the flurry pushes enemies and players around, using Katana Bullets can damage the player in indirect and unpredictable ways.
- Companions that damage enemies can trigger the effects of Katana Bullets. Due to this, players should exercise caution to avoid being pushed into hazards by the blade-flurries created by their companions.
- The blade-flurries can appear behind enemies and push them into the player. Normally this isn't a problem since Katana Bullets does enough damage to kill affected enemies and dying enemies won't damage the player, but there are exceptions. Notably: enemies that explode upon death (Nitra, Pinhead, Det, Bombshee), enemies that spawn smaller enemies (most Blobulons, King Bullats) and enemies that spawn bullets after death (most Shotgun Kin).
- The beam damage multiplier sometimes granted by Katana Bullets does not stack with the beam damage multipliers of Shock Rounds, Flak Bullets, Explosive Rounds, Shadow Bullets, Vorpal Bullets, Blank Bullets, Devolver Rounds or Hungry Bullets.
- While the damage multiplier itself does not stack, the chance for the multiplier to be applied per-second does.
- Bullets created by Table Tech Shotgun can trigger Katana Bullets upon killing an enemy.
- Blade-flurries can trigger the effect of Sunglasses.
- The fact that the item increases Curse while being carried stems from the Gungeon rejecting non-bullet based weapons and items, including swords.
- The blade-flurries may recycle code from the Nitra's explosion-chain, which would explain their unusual behavior (e.g., igniting oil and spider webs, triggering the effect of Sunglasses).
- Despite the description, Katana Bullets do not have homing.
- If duplicates of this item are somehow obtained, increases the chance of the effect and allows more katana bullets to occur.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Katana is a type of traditional curved Japanese sword, renowned for their sharpness and cutting power.
- "Folded lead" is a reference to the way katanas are forged, which involves folding the heated steel during construction.
- The description and name are a reference to Katana ZERO, another game published by Devolver Digital shortly after the release of the A Farewell to Arms Update.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- An active flurry can sometimes delay a Nitra's explosions.