|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Axes Of Evil|
|Reload for momentary safety.
A misbegotten attempt to combine melee and ranged combat, the axe portion of this gun is mostly worthless. Reloading it involves swinging the blade around wildly, which might protect you from a stray bullet.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Insight - If the player also has Trick Gun, a creature appears at entrances to secret rooms, revealing their location.
- Iron Stance - If the player also has Heavy Boots, the gun's damage and knockback are increased by 20%, its shot speed is increased by 50%, and its reload time is decreased by 20%.
- Lumberjacked - If the player also has Mahoguny, the damage of both guns is increased by 25%.
- The Red Hood - If the player also has Wolf, when Huntsman is held, Wolf's attacks will significantly weaken enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The fact that the weapon increases Curse while being carried stems from the Gungeon rejecting non-bullet based weapons.
- Executioners wield this weapon.
- The Huntsman appears to be a Regular Shotgun with an axe blade attached to the underside of the barrel. Statistically, The Huntsman is weaker overall, with a slightly worse magazine size, damage, and fire rate.
- The Huntsman is a reference to the game Bloodborne where there is a transforming weapon called "Hunter Axe". This is further supported by the fact that the Huntsman has a synergy with the Trick Gun (another item with multiple Bloodborne references) called Insight refers to the key item in Bloodborne that allows hunters to perceive the "Great Ones" who are the primary antagonists of the game.
- The tagline "Axes Of Evil" is a play on words in reference to a speech by George W. Bush where he referred to foreign governments allegedly aiding terrorists as belonging to an Axis of Evil.
- "Axes of Evil" may also reference a song of the same name by Canadian heavy-metal band 3 Inches of Blood.
- The Huntsman may be a reference to Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", which has a running gag and later an actual weapon made from a shotgun and an axe.
- The The Red Hood synergy is a reference to the fairy tale "Little Red Riding Hood," where a young girl who has never been taught not to talk to strangers is eaten by a wolf and is rescued by a lumberjack (or a hunter in some versions).
Gallery[edit | edit source]