|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Get caught by a Tarnisher.|
|Some bullets gain the ability to cannibalize.
The magic of the Gungeon brings sentience to these just-fired bullets, and they resort to their most basic instinct to feed.
- Adds a chance for the player's bullets to become blue. Blue projectiles will 'eat' any enemy projectiles within a radius of 1.5 tiles around them, destroying them.
- For each bullet 'eaten', the projectile will gain a 10% damage and size increase.
- Individual hungry bullets will become 'sated' after eating 8 projectiles, and will no longer consume any more, effectively capping the damage and size multiplier per bullet at 80%.
- Doubles the damage of beam style Guns.
- Hungry Bullets is usually more effective for guns that fire many bullets in a large spread, such as shotguns.
- Does nothing against enemy beams, such as those fired by the Shelleton, Beholster, or Det.
- The beam damage multiplier granted by Hungry Bullets does not stack with the beam damage multipliers of Shock Rounds, Flak Bullets, Explosive Rounds, Shadow Bullets, Vorpal Bullets, Blank Bullets, Devolver Rounds or Katana Bullets.
- If the player is using the Phoenix, its short-ranged flame burst with each shot can occasionally destroy any bullet the burst touches.
- The quote "Hungry Hungry!" and resemblance of the item to a hippopotamus is a reference to the game Hungry Hungry Hippos.