|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Fires a bullet upon reloading.|
Hip Holster is a passive item.
- Reloading a weapon fires a single bullet from it for free.
- All Out Of Law - If the player has Colt 1851, it fires three tight spreads of three bullets upon reloading. These projectiles can ignore tables when fired from behind them, and they can reveal secret rooms without angering the shopkeeper Bello.
- Pretty Good - If the player has SAA, coolness is increased by 2.
- Quick and The Gundead - If the player has Heart Holster, shots fired by Hip Holster home in on enemies.
- Saved the Best for Last - If the player has Ruby Bracelet, shots fired by Hip Holster explode.
- This synergy works well with single shot weapons, effectively doubling their firepower.
- On Charged weapons that have an "uncharged" state like the Megahand and Heroine, the Hip Holster will fire the uncharged projectile.
- Weapons that fire multiple bullets every shot will instead fire only a single bullet, often rendering the projectile near-ineffective.
- Mass Shotgun is a notable exception, as the single projectile it initially fires is duplicated by Hip Holster.
- Reloading while in Bello's shop will not aggravate him.
- This can be especially useful when trying to find Secret Rooms inside of it.
- This item affects the Prize Pistol received during Winchester's minigame, which can help improve the chances of winning.
- Damage bonuses do not affect the bonus projectile.
- Bonus projectile spawns from the player's center instead of the held gun, so peeking might not be a good way to utilize this bonus projectile.
- Despite the bonus projectile being shot at the start of a reload, cancelling a reload by swapping to another weapon and back will not trigger Hip Holster's effect when initiating reload with the same weapon.
- Owning duplicates of this item will not affect it in any sort of way.
- For guns that have no reload (e.g. Pitchfork), it is possible to fire the extra bullet by clicking the reload button, essentially firing an extra bullet with no consequence (as there is no reload time). However, this is only possible if a bullet has been fired from that gun after the last reload.
- Therefore, spamming reload while shooting one of these guns to get nearly double the firepower at no extra cost.
- The synergy "Pretty Good" is a reference to Revolver Ocelot's quote, "You're pretty good" in Metal Gear Solid.
- The "Quick and the Gundead" synergy is a reference to 1995 western film "The Quick and the Dead".