|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Find it in a Secret Room.|
|Immaculately balanced, rapid fire. Will ignite foes.
Though long thought to be nothing but a legend, this gun's recent discovery proves the undeniable truth that it was always within the halls of the Gungeon, and you just weren't looking hard enough.
High Dragunfire is a gun that fires purple bullets resembling flames that have a 1/9 chance to burn enemies. It is a special version of the Dragunfire that must be found in a special secret room before it can be found in rank chests.
The secret room containing the High Dragunfire can rarely be found in the Gungeon Proper. The cracked wall to this secret room can only be located on the left or right side of a room, not the top or bottom. The fastest way to find the secret room containing the High Dragunfire is to take the shortcut elevator to Gungeon Proper, and clear the floor while searching only for the secret room. It is recommended to play as The Robot as his armor will open cracked walls upon taking damage. For extra certainty, start in Rainbow Mode and restart until Blank Bullets spawn, and buy the Map if Bello's Shop offers it.
- The secret room containing the High Dragunfire contains six friendly cultists kneeling to a red chest, with various dialogue:
- First time: "Welcome, fellow acolyte! It appears that Gun Cult fashion has changed substantially since our forefathers were sealed into this holy chamber. Be at peace, for inside the chest before you...lies the fabled Gun That Can Kill The Past! Your long pilgrimage is finally at an end. Join us in eternal worship! Prostrate thyself!
- After reveal: "Our holy relic... a simple gun that cannot kill the past? It can't be..."
- Subsequent times: "Welcome back, iconoclast! Even though our worship has been shown to be nothing but a paltry insult, we are too set in our ways to change."
- Talking to him: "It seems that bullets have gotten a lot larger since we were sealed in here."
- The High Dragunfire is not in the guns tab of the Ammonomicon, and unlocking it is not required to unlock the Finished Gun.
- Once the High Dragunfire has been unlocked, any visits to the secret room on subsequent runs will earn the player a normal chest of random rarity.
- If the player is in Rainbow Mode, the chest will still be a red chest. Upon opening it, Bowler will steal the contents of the chest and leave behind a note as always, HOWEVER the gun is unlocked. It can then be gotten like any S-tier gun from black chests, rainbow chests in Rainbow or otherwise or from the various NPCs.
- If the chest is broken, it WILL NOT be unlocked. Make sure to use a key on it, even in rainbow mode.
- The High Dragunfire chest is eligible to be replaced by a glitched chest. Opening a glitched High Dragunfire chest will not drop the High Dragunfire, and will instead send the player to the glitched floor like normal.
- The High Dragunfire chest is also eligible to be replaced by a mimic. Killing the mimic will drop the high dragunfire. In rainbow mode, this will be replaced by Bowlers note, but still unlocks the gun.
- The secret room containing the High Dragunfire will not show a chest in the room on the mini-map if it's revealed by a Map or the Gungeon Blueprint. Instead, it will show a large unopened secret room with nothing in it.
- The chest containing it is identical to an -ranked chest, despite the High Dragunfire being -ranked.
- The High Dragunfire and the cultist's dialogue is a reference to old screenshots of the game, featuring a pink Dragunfire and smaller bullets.
- The shape of the gun is remarkably similar to that of a Bolter from Warhammer 40,000.
- The High Dragunfire was intended to be a better version of the regular Dragunfire. However, when Dragunfire got its bullet damage buffed from 5 to 6.5, High Dragunfire was forgotten, and thus it is now a worse version of Dragunfire.
A glitched High Dragunfire chest found by Retromation.