|First Stage: 34.6|
Second Stage: 51.9
Third Stage: 69.2
|Damage:||First Stage: 6|
Second Stage: 9
Third Stage: 12
|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Kill the High Dragun with the Sorceress's blessing.|
|Grows more powerful with each room cleared.
This distrustful gun has gained sentience. As with all intelligent weapons, he should be treated with respect and care.
Gunther is a gun that grows stronger with each room cleared.
Gunther has 3 stages of behavior. Upon clearing a room, there is a chance to gain friendship with Gunther, indicated by him talking. At 3 friendship, Gunther advances to the second stage. At 6 friendship, he advances to the third and final stage.
- First Stage: Fires piercing bullets at 6 damage.
- Second Stage: Besides piercing, bullets deal 9 damage and bounce twice.
- Third Stage: Bullets deal 12 damage and home in on enemies instead of bouncing.
- As of the Supply Drop Update, dropping Gunther will no longer reset his affinity to the first stage.
- Similar to other guns with infinite ammo, Gunther cannot be combined with other guns using Duct Tape, be fed to the muncher, or reveal secret rooms.
- The bullets of this gun can pierce through flipped tables.
- Gunjurers cannot absorb Gunther's bullets at stage 3.
- If you roll and spam the fire button right after ending your roll, you will shoot all of your bullets much faster.
- The bullets of this gun ignore the “Unfriendly Fire” modifier in Challenge Mode.
- "My previous owner cleared that room faster."
- "Next time, aim a little better."
- "This is going to be a long day."
- "Well, you didn't die."
- "Why am I here?"
- "...well done."
- "Not bad for a (random insult)."
- "That was alright, I guess."
- "Decent use of bullets."
- "I'd give that a C... minus."
- "Maybe I was wrong about you."
- "We make a pretty good team."
- "Top-notch work."
- "Past, here we come!"
- "Phew! That was exciting."
- "Go team Gungeon!"
- The Quote "Go team Gungeon!" may be a reference to the Venture Bros. catch phrase "Go team Venture!"
- Gunther is a pun on Gun and the common German name Günther.
- Gunther may also be a loose reference to the Ready Player One book series as “Gunter” is a phrase used to describe those in the original contest for Halliday’s Easter Egg.
- When shooting a north wall, Gunther's bullets will leave hitmarkers that resemble the letters N, R, and Φ, which also happen to be the same attacks that Bookllets use.
- Also, when shooting a secret room entrance on a northern wall, the symbols left on the wall will be far lower on the wall than normal.
- When Gunther's magazine is fully empty, the face on the gun will appear to be sleeping.
- Gunther has two reload animations. When reloading a partially empty magazine, the character flips him end over end. When reloading a fully empty magazine, the character tilts Gunther on his side and shakes him.
- Gunther may be a reference to the Gallows Dodger, a special weapon in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell that also has infinite ammo, gets stronger by killing enemies, and talks to its user. The Jealous Weapon reference may come from Gunther from the TV show Friends.
- Gunther's appearance resembles that of Vivec from the game The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Gunther's face could be a reference to the game Doom, where there is a Status bar face which looks from side to side.