Abbey of the True Gun
|The School of Gunjuration teaches a mysterious form of Ammomancy, the art of producing bullets from beyond the Curtain.
While casting, Gunjurers will reclaim bullets, making their spell stronger. Wise adventurers should wait until their circle is broken to attack.
Summons 6 bullets, during which time any bullets fired at it will be captured. The 6 bullets along with any absorbed bullets are then fired at the player. Occasionally disappears and reappears elsewhere in the room. It cannot capture any melee attacks (e.g. Blasphemy's slice), beam weapons' beams, the final shot of the Finished Gun, or shots fired by Gunther. If killed before it has finished casting, it will scatter its bullets in random directions.
Apprentice Gunjurer[edit | edit source]
|Location:||Keep of the Lead Lord|
Black Powder Mine
Abbey of the True Gun
|Less experienced than their fellow Ammomancers, Apprentice Gunjurers must hone their craft by ordering bullets into a variety of simple shapes.|
Fires bullets in a variety of rotating shapes, such as a square, a circle, a triangle, or an X. Occasionally disappears and reappears elsewhere in the room.
High Gunjurer[edit | edit source]
|Location:||Black Powder Mine|
|The High Gunjurers know exactly one more type of magic than their Red-robed siblings, and never let them forget it.
Their circular bullet-rings are a testament to their geomantic divinations.
Fires a massive ring of bullets at the player. Occasionally disappears and reappears elsewhere in the room.
Lore Gunjurer[edit | edit source]
|Unlike their active brethren, the Lore Gunjurers prefer to study ancient texts over practicing Ammomancy.
Take care! Even while reading, their latent magic can have surprising effects.
Summons one of 4 bullet familiars with distinct behaviors.
- Warrior: The bullet will home in on the player until it vanishes.
- Rogue: The bullet will home in on the player and then teleport behind them in an attempt to catch them off-guard.
- Mage: The bullet follows the player closely and will shoot 3 smaller bullets until proceeding to home in on the player until it vanishes.
- Bard: The bullet will home in on the player, bouncing off of walls until it vanishes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Gunjurer-returned bullets keep any special properties they had, such as bouncing, homing, exploding, and splitting.
- Bees, such as those fired by the Bee Hive and Honeycomb, retain their piercing and homing properties when returned by a Gunjurer. These travel quickly enough to stick to players and continually deal damage, making them poor weapon choices when facing a room containing a Gunjurer.
- Likewise, steaks from Bait Launcher can be absorbed, and will spawn hostile tigers.
- Child projectiles from The Scrambler will home in on the player, making the Scrambler very dangerous to use against them.
- If the player has Orbital Bullets, any absorbed shots will orbit the Gunjurer after it fires them.
- Gunjurers can catch thrown guns and throw them back. This reflected weapon can harm the player like any normal bullet, but can be picked up once more after they collide with something, be it a player or a wall. This glitch will give the gun a much whiter texture, similar to the inside of bullet sprites.
- Gunjurers can't absorb beams or the Heck Blaster's bullets.
- If a High Gunjurer or Apprentice Gunjurer is killed at the exact moment it launches its attack, the attack will be duplicated and a second layer of bullets is launched right behind the first.
- Lore Gunjurer’s bullet familiars can be destroyed with Blasphemy, rendering the Lore Gunjurer harmless.
- If a Gunjurer absorbs 6 bullets (counting those he has formed), he will stop his cast early to return the bullets.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Apprentice Gunjurer's attacks are a reference to the shapes on the buttons of the PlayStation DualShock controller.
- Gunjurers may be a reference to the Magikoopa from the Super Mario series. This is seen in their similar cloaked appearance, and the apprentice's bullet clusters having a striking resemblance to the Magikoopa's projectile attack.
- Gunjurers also bear incredible resemblance to Shy Guys (also from the Super Mario series)
- In one of the Resourceful Rat's attacks, he is shown to be using a captive Gunjurer to preform the attack.
- The Gunjurer's ammonomicon description is likely a reference to Final Fantasy.