|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Professor Goopton for 25 .|
|All Enemies Weaker!|
|Reduces enemy health.
Disease spreads quickly among the Gundead, as they sleep tightly packed together in magazines.
Gundromeda Strain is a passive item.
- Reduces the health of all enemies by 25%.
- Pandemic Pistol - If the player also has Plague Pistol, the pistol turns into the Pandemic Pistol, turning red with an increased ammo capacity, and its bullets become linked like VertebraeK-47's bullets.
- This item reduces the health of both normal enemies and bosses.
- Gundromeda Strain's effect is equivalent to increasing damage by 33%.
- Gundromeda Strain allows for quicker kills on bosses due to the bonus not being tied to DPS caps (where additional damage, otherwise, could be ignored).
- If multiple Gundromeda Strains are acquired, the effect stacks multiplicatively: for example, with four Gundromeda Strains, enemies will have 32% of their original health, rather than being reduced to 0%.
- It should be noted that if too many Gundromeda Strains are acquired, and the player enters the forge, The game becomes unplayable as the High Dragun phase two song starts playing, the player can no longer shoot, access their map, switch guns or items, enter the pause menu, use active items, or access the Ammonomicon. If this happens the player can still talk to the Blacksmith, pick up items (such as the Bullet That Can Kill The Past) and Pickups, but cannot interact with other things such as the boss door leading to the High Dragun. If the player is able to get inside of the boss room though, the High Dragun is stuck in a still shot and is completely invincible. It should also be pointed out that the direction the player faces leads to the bottom middle of the floor's actual area, as the Bloodied Scarf only points here if tried to be used (even though dodge rolling still works normally), even though the player's model points the gun it is currently holding to the bottom right of the player's screen.
- This item and its description are references to the novel and film The Andromeda Strain.
- The icon and effect are a reference to the "Scarier Face" mutation from Nuclear Throne.
- The icon closely resembles a bacteriophage.