|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Gun of Guncraft|
|Blessed Gun of the Gunseeker.
This gun gains experience with every kill, and is strangely resistant to the Gungeon's temporal rifts. Any accrued experience will persist throughout time.
A gun spoken of in legend. Once wielded by Gunderaan, Prince of Guns, this weapon ultimately found its way to the Gungeon after being mishandled by millions of idiots for countless hours.
Gunderfury is a gun that gains experience and levels up with kills, up to a maximum of level 60. Experience persists across runs, whether the player dies, restarts, wins, or quits. After killing enemies and gaining enough experience, it levels up on the spot without any extra indication besides the bullets and the gun's appearance changing.
The amount of experience gained for a kill is equivalent to the enemy's maximum health. Players do not need to kill enemies using Gunderfury for it to level up; just having it in their inventory during kills is enough for it to gain experience.
|10||0||Functions like a shotgun.||25.45|
|20||8000||Fire rate increases, and functions like an automatic gun.||29.57|
|30||21000||Shoots much larger bullets with a slower fire rate and higher shot speed.||33.16|
|40||37500||Shoots slightly faster and more accurately.||34.09|
|50||55000||Becomes a rapid-fire laser rifle.||107.14|
|60||75000||Rapidly shoots two beams of light. Consumes 2 ammo per shot.||363.64|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Chance On Hit - If the player also has Silver Bullets, this gun will obtain a chance to slow enemies and make Gunderfury's bullets act like they have Shock Rounds.
- Worlds Of Guncraft - If the player also has Mr. Accretion Jr., Gunderfury will occasionally shoot out Mr. Accretion Jr. shots.
- From level 20–29, it temporarily becomes an Automatic gun, despite its Semiautomatic status. In this form, it consumes ammo extremely quickly despite a rather mediocre DPS, so it is advised to simply hold it and allow it to level up passively, and then switch back to it when it hits level 30.
- From level 40–49, the bullet will fire from just slightly behind the player making it more difficult to fire shots out when backed up against a wall on the left or right side of the player.
- Upon equipping the gun, its level will be displayed alongside the name of the gun in the bottom right corner.
- An effective way of leveling the gun up is playing in Rainbow Mode, as Gunderfury can appear in the first chest.
- Gunderfury does not gain experience while Duct Taped to another gun.
- Gunderfury does not gain experience from enemies killed with Windgunner.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There is a glitch where if you tape a gun to Gunderfury and then have it level up, the gun will have the ammo it would have if it were not duct taped, rather than the ammo it would have with the gun (for example, taping a Mass Shotgun to a Lvl 30 Gunderfury will give it 500 ammo, but upon becoming Level 40, it will have 400 ammo).
- In v2.1.4, if Gunderfury is at level 20 or above, the game will crash if it spawns in Rainbow Mode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun is a reference to the sword Thunderfury Blessed Blade of the Windseeker from World of Warcraft. The leveling system is also reflective of many roleplaying games, such as WoW, wherein killing enemies grants the player experience which will cause them to level up and grow in level, becoming more powerful and unlocking more abilities. Level 60 was also the maximum level when World of Warcraft was released.
- The "Mishandled by idiots for countless hours." line in the description is a reference to a meme in WoW wherein people will spam the item 'Thunderfury Blessed blade of the Windseeker''s name in the in game chat. It is also a reference to the fact that, in the same game, any player can potentially obtain Thunderfury, despite its legendary status.