|Sell Creep Price:||16|
|A quick way to get around, or to bring an item to you. Can briefly stun some enemies!
This is a kind of grappling hook that can be shot. Known to some as the Shoothook.
Grappling Hook is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Allows players to hook onto and then pull themselves towards walls at a fast speed.
- The hook has unlimited range.
- Hitting an enemy with the hook stuns it and deals 10 damage.
- Hitting an item with the hook pulls it towards the player.
- The player is invulnerable when traveling with the grappling hook, and will travel over pits and hazards.
- This item allows players to steal items from the shop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Black Flag - If the player also has Corsair, each Corsair shot will periodically fire two bouncing cannonballs perpendicular to itself as it travels.
- Raizo's Stuff - If the player also has Bloodied Scarf, bullets shot while being pulled with the grappling hook gain homing.
- If the player cannot reach the hook's location (e.g. table blocking the way), the hook will automatically deactivate after a few seconds.
- The Grappling Hook can be used to cheat in Winchester's Games.
- Using Grappling Hook to steal items while inside the shop will sometimes cause the player to get caught, even on the first theft.
- The Grappling Hook is not able to steal the Prime Primer or the Gnawed Key.
- The Grappling Hook can be used to easily get the Planar Lead.
- Firing Grappling Hook at Baby Good Mimic will stun it and cause it to attack.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If Grappling Hook is dropped mid-use, the player will become invincible but unable to move or dodge roll.
- Opening the map will restore the ability to move, while retaining invincibility and inability to dodge roll.
- The invincibility persists until the player uses Grappling Hook again, picks up any health or shields, or enters a new floor.
- The inability to dodge roll persists until the player uses Grappling Hook again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the Hookshot, an item from the The Legend of Zelda franchise.
- Interestingly enough, the sprites related to this item refer to it as "scorpion_hook", in reference to Scorpion of the Mortal Kombat series, who uses a hook on a metal chain to pull enemies closer to himself.
- Black Flag is a possible reference to the game Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.