|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Powerful, but shatters upon taking damage.
Normally, a gun made of glass would shatter instantaneously, but the Gungeon's energies have reinforced this inadvisable device to the point of near usability.
- Max Pane - If the player has Glass Guon Stone, Glass Cannon will change appearance and will not break if the player takes damage. Instead, the Guon Stones will be destroyed, losing the synergy but granting one extra hit before it breaks.
- The Max Pane synergy works with the Lich's Eye Bullets, meaning the Gunslinger never has to worry about the weapon shattering.
- While shattered (empty due to taking damage) the Glass Cannon has no sprite, effectively making it invisible.
- If the Glass Cannon is emptied by using up its ammo reserve instead of taking damage, the gun remains unshattered and can be dropped and retrieved like any other. It can still be shattered if held while taking damage.
- Unlike the Balloon Gun, it's not possible to drop the weapon while it's shattered. This also makes selling it to the Sell Creep impossible in this state.
- However, it can still be thrown. If the player throws the Glass Cannon while it is shattered, the gun will disappear, making retrieving it impossible.
- The Glass Cannon is one of the few guns able to bypass the Boss DPS cap.
- Holey Grail, if used properly, can refill ammo for Glass Cannon.
- If Glass Cannon is picked up before Holey Grail, its ammo can be refilled to half-full upon taking damage. However, if Holey Grail is picked up first, Glass Cannon will break and ammo will not be refilled. This can be avoided by simply dropping Holey Grail and picking it up again.
- When in co-op mode, the Max Pane synergy activates regardless of who has which item. If the wielder of the cannon doesn't have the stone they can receive damage while holding the cannon and it will not shatter.
- Unused: - If the player has an unknown item, it causes an unknown effect.
- The gun is a reference to the Glass Cannon archetype in video games, referring to characters with high damage but low defense.
- The synergy Max Pane is a play on the title of the video game series Max Payne.
- Both Glass Cannon and Void Core Cannon have "Cannon" in their name, yet do not trigger the The Return synergy.
- With the Max Pane synergy the game enters slow motion when hit, as a reference to Max Payne's bullet time feature.
- Since the shattered sprite is invisible, if the player dies while the Glass Cannon is popped, it will appear to not be shown in their list of owned items on the end screen.
- Throwing a shattered Glass Cannon doesn't show a weapon indicator on the map, indicating that throwing a shattered Glass Cannon really makes it disappear.
The Glass Cannon's appearance with the
Max Pane - synergy.