|Location:||Keep of the Lead Lord|
|Rapid Fire Raptor|
|Nesting in the first Chamber, this bird repels intruders with its signature weapon.
Changed by the magic of the Gungeon, it has long forgotten what it was like before the great Bullet struck.
Gatling Gull chases the player, and has several attacks:
- Rapidly fires bullets in a random spread towards one of the eight cardinal directions the player is located.
- Rapidly fires bullets in a fixed, wider side-to-side spread towards one of the eight cardinal directions the player is located.
- Pauses to charge up a large single bullet that explodes into many smaller bullets on impact.
- Pauses to charge up two wide spreads of bullets.
- Jumps off screen and lands near the player.
- Jumps off screen and lands at a random location, after which it will stand still and fire missiles. The locations that the missiles land are indicated by red crosshairs on the ground.
- Gatling Gull can be forced to abandon this attack and end it early if it takes too much damage during it.
- If the player gets too close, it will swing its gun as a melee attack.
- Gatling Gull's bullet spread can be hard to dodge, but staying at range and circling with occasional dodge rolls is an effective strategy.
- Avoid dodge rolling until you are at longer range; at close range, the end lag and slower travel time of the dodge roll will often propel you straight into bullets. If you're close, focus on backing off and only start circling once you've gained some distance. Once you are at a comfortable distance, circle and dodge roll when a bullet strays especially far, and its low health will often mean a quick victory.
- Try to avoid staying still. Its bullet spread is very dodge-able, but it will constantly walk toward you, and getting trapped against a wall will usually result in a hit.
- When it is firing its large bullet that explodes into smaller bullets, take note of where it's going and either get behind cover or try to gain extra distance to safely dodge bullets from two directions at once.
- When it is firing the two wide spreads of bullets, try dodge rolling sideways instead of towards the bullets. The timing is a bit harder, but dodge rolling towards Gatling Gull twice will often leave you too close to avoid his follow-up attack.
- The eighteen small pillars arena is very large, allowing you to very easily get away from Gatling Gull as his large size prevents him from following you quickly around corners.
- Another perk of the large arenas is that you may walk backwards for much longer while shooting at the gatling gull, and when combined with the occasional sidestep this is an effective strategy for dealing large amounts of damage at a time.
- When it starts firing rockets, it will stand still for an extended period of time. This is a good opportunity to get damage off, but dealing enough damage will cause it to cancel the attack.
- Gatling Gull has 5 different boss arenas, containing:
- 4 pillars in the corners of the room
- 18 small pillars spread evenly across the room (this arena is very large compared to the others)
- 2 long vertical pits
- 2 chandeliers and 8 tables
- 64 bushes and 4 explosive barrels
- All of the Gatling Gull's arenas have its nest in the middle of the room.
- The Gatling Gull cannot hit the Decoy and the Explosive Decoy while using its bullet spread attack.
- The player can use the Ticket to spawn a friendly Gatling Gull which will remain until it takes enough damage.
- After the boss has lost enough health, it will get a speed boost.
- On the first run of a save file, Gatling Gull will always be the boss of floor 1 and appear in the 2 chandeliers and 8 tables room. It is unknown if this applies in the event the player dies and enters the boss room after, or skips the 1st floor boss through Oubliette.
- This boss is a reference to Vulcan Raven from the Metal Gear series.
- Both are large, muscular, and wield a Vulcan Cannon.
- The Gatling Gull's death mimics that of Vulcan Raven, with both being consumed by ravens after their demise.
- The name of the boss is also a pun on a Gatling gun, which it wields in combat.
- Gatling Gull is the only boss to have vastly different boss arenas.
- If Gatling Gull is Jammed, then upon defeating him, his body will dissipate like any other Jammed enemy and a swarm of birds will not appear.
- In the Enter the Gungeon Pre-Alpha, each boss had a quote. Gatling Gull's was "How Do You Like These Guns".
- Also in the Pre-Alpha, the first chamber was "Underground Passage" and Gatling Gull was the only boss.
- In the Enter the Gungeon comic, Gatling Gull appears as a 2nd floor boss.