|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Ox and Cadence for 2 .|
|This archaic laser has been studied for centuries. Gungeonologists can only conclude that it was used by primitive people to poison each other with radiation.|
Gamma Ray is a gun that fires a continuous green laser that slightly curves towards enemies and has a chance to poison enemies.
- Beta Ray - If the player also has Irradiated Lead, Gamma Ray's beam grows larger and deals more damage, but no longer travels instantaneously.
- Gungeonite - If the player also has Clear Guon Stone, Gamma Ray will leave a trail of poison.
- Meltdown - If the player also has Big Boy, Gamma Ray branches twice to form a spread of 5 beams and using Big Boy refills 100 ammo on the Gamma Ray. Ammo restoration only works if Gamma Ray is held when activating Big Boy. Additionally this synergy also affects Orbital Bullets, creating several large rings that pull enemies toward the ring.
- Gamma Ray can put out the fireplace in the Keep of the Lead Lord.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, Gamma Ray did not curve towards enemies.
- Mean Green is a probable reference to The Hulk, who was transformed into its form by exposure to gamma radiation.
- The Beta Ray synergy is likely named for Beta Ray Bill, another Marvel Comics character. Alternatively, it may be a reference to beta decay particles.
- Meltdown is the only Synergy not directly related to Orbital Bullets that directly alters its behavior.
- The Gamma Ray bears some resemblance to the Laser Pistol from the Fallout series, specifically the AEP7 model that appears in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.
- If the Beta Ray synergy with Irradiated lead is obtained, it changes to look like the AER9 Laser Rifle from the same games.
- Fallout: New Vegas featured a special iteration of the Laser Rifle, the AER14 prototype, that, coincidentally, fired green lasers instead of the usual red.