|Full Metal Jacket|
|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Automatically triggers available Blanks when in danger.
An original Gungeon item. This protective garment, laser cut whole from a massive Blank, can detect when its bearer is threatened.
Full Metal Jacket is a passive item.
- Automatically uses one of the player's blanks if they are about to take damage, preventing it.
- This can negate contact damage, which regular blanks do not normally prevent.
- This can also prevent damage caused by Cigarettes, which is normally impossible to prevent.
- Grants one piece of armor.
- The Line of Fire - If the player has Composite Gun, the bullets leave a trail of fire.
- To Serve Android - If the player also has the Badge, the police officer turns into a robot and cannot die.
- The item can automatically activate Elder Blank.
- Fall damage does not trigger Full Metal Jacket unless the player has Elder Blank.
- Because automatically using a blank does not count as damage, it protects the Old Crest and Glass Guon Stones from being broken, prevents guns like Polaris from losing their bonuses, and prevents items like Metronome and Meatbun from losing their bonuses.
- Due to its nature of preventing damage, it can be an effective method of gathering Master Rounds.
- When Crisis Stone's effect is active, Full Metal Jacket still uses a blank when a bullet comes near.
- When damaged by harmful Status Effects, Full Metal Jacket will still use a blank, despite the damage not being caused by bullets.
- If the player has at least one Blank and has the map open, they become immune to all types of damage except for fall damage. If the player falls into a pit while the map is open, the damage immunity will be removed until they close and reopen the map, even if Amulet of the Pit Lord is in the players inventory.
- If the player has the map open and has the Elder Blank, it will still activate, starting the cooldown. This means that the bug can not be exploited with the Elder Blank alone.
- Its To Serve Android synergy is a reference to the real full metal jackets used by police, as well as Robocop.
- Also a reference to the short story "To Serve Man" by Damon Knight which was adapted for use as a Twilight Zone episode.