|Sell Creep Price:||16|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Professor Goopton for 12 .|
|Proof That Guns Once Existed|
|Reloading this skull produces a gout of flame that can ignite oil.
This is a spectacularly preserved specimen of a gun that went extinct during the Ballistac era.
Fossilized Gun is a gun that fires a stream of oil. Reloading causes the skull to spit fire, which can ignite the oil.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cryptic Cryptids - If the player also has Phoenix, both guns gain piercing and deal more damage, and Phoenix shoots rows of fire on the ground. The player is also immune to fire when either gun is equipped.
- Dawn of the Gundead - Doubles the chance for Zombie Bullets to refund missed Fossilized Gun shots.
- Reloading will only ignite the oil; it will neither damage enemies nor explode barrels, and will not anger Bello. It can be reloaded even with no ammo left, but this is mostly useless.
- With Bouncy Bullets, the oil stream will bounce and cover the whole room with oil, and can set the whole room on fire.
- Oil streams that bounce back at the player will still leave an oil-free safe zone at the player's position.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player is immune to fire goop, a useful tactic when entering rooms is to move just close enough to the door to open it, then fire a spray of oil through the door and ignite that, then enter the room. This provides an instant ignition source when attacking the rest of the room.
- Even without immunity to fire, it is possible to survive indefinitely in a flaming area by dodge-rolling continuously.
- By clicking once and quickly reloading, it is possible to not consume any ammo.
- This weapon is basically a forest fire starting kit, so it's important to be careful.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This gun's mechanics and appearance are a reference to the conceit that petroleum comes from dead dinosaurs, as well as to fire-breathing dragons.