Flynt is an NPC that can be rescued from a cell in the Oubliette, Gungeon Proper or the Abbey of the True Gun. After being rescued, he will set up shops in the Gungeon, where he will sell key and chest-themed items and guns.
Unlike other shopkeepers, the guns and items he sells cost keys instead of coins.
Items sold in the Gungeon[edit | edit source]
Guns[edit | edit source]
|AKEY-47||Unlocked And Loaded!||Automatic||Shooting a locked chest or door unlocks it.||3|
|Vorpal Gun||.50 Criticaliber||Semiautomatic||Has a chance to fire a high-damage critical shot.||1|
Items[edit | edit source]
|Baby Good Mimic||Passive||Imitation Love||Attacks enemies. Duplicates familiars||1|
|Ballot||Passive||Vote Of Confidence!||Increases the player's Coolness by 3.||1|
|Book of Chest Anatomy||Passive||Controlled Demolition||Improves the contents of broken chests.||1|
|Bracket Key||Active||`debugkill||Deals a large amount of damage to all enemies in a room. Increases Curse.||3|
|Brick of Cash||Passive||Secrets Of The Masons||Reveals secret rooms.||1|
|Chest Teleporter||Active||Zap||Teleports a chest to the starting room or boss entrance room of the next floor, with a chance to upgrade its quality.||2|
|Daruma||Active||Good Fortune||Daruma can only be used after dodging a bullet, and activates a blank.||1|
|Heart Locket||Passive||Memento Mori||Grants a heart container.||1|
|Lament Configurum||Active||Shellraiser||Upon use, spawns several enemies and has a chance to spawn a gun or item. Increases curse by 1.||1|
|Mimic Tooth Necklace||Passive||Chomp||Every chest is guaranteed to be a Mimic.||2|
|Ring of Chest Friendship||Passive||Chest Friends Forever||Increases the chance of finding chests.||1|
|Ring of Chest Vampirism||Passive||Blood From Wood||Breaking chests heals the player.||1|
|Ring of Mimic Friendship||Passive||Unlikely Allies||Chests will not turn into Mimics.||1|
|Shelleton Key||Passive||Locks Are Dead To You||Allows any chest or lock to be opened without using a key. Increases curse while held.||3|
|Trusty Lockpicks||Active||Who Needs Keys?||Has a 50% chance to unlock a lock or locked chest. If it fails, the lock will no longer function.||1|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
After being rescued:
- "My rescuer! I know you had no choice but to vanquish my fellow lock to free me. An unfortunate sacrifice, but a necessary one... Come by my shop whenever you see me! There are many things in my stores that you might find helpful."
After leaving the cell:
- "Come see me later! I'll open you to a world of reasonably priced goods."
Entering his shop:
- "This is the Key Shop, where I trade my wares for ! You could say that I sell Key Items! Kikikiki!"
Purchasing an item:
- "That's a Key-per!"
- "A turnkey solution!"
Attempting to purchase an item without enough keys:
- "Gotta keep that one locked up, I'm afraid."
Talking to him:
- "The locks in this place are all sentient."
- "When you unlock a door in the Gungeon, they... go to a better place. I hope. Who can say?"
- "I was one of them, once. Until one night, the walls began to shift... and I was never connected to a door."
- "Now, I trade for keys to get them out of the hands of Gungeoneers."
- "But what do I know?"
- "A tumbler eh?"
- "I'm pinned!"
Stealing from him:
Attempting to buy an item after stealing from him:
- "No sale, thief!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you look above the keyhole on his face he appears to have a mustache instead of rust.
- His name is possibly a reference to a flintlock, an antiquated firing mechanism for black powder guns.
- The dialogue option “Until one night, the walls began to shift...and I was never connected to a wall.” likely refers to how the floors are number-generated and how rooms disconnect from each other.
- There is some irony in Flynt selling the AKEY-47 and Shelleton Key to the player, as both of these items can be used to unlock doors and chests, something that Flynt tries to prevent (as the locks in the Gungeon are sentient and supposedly die upon being unlocked) by trading keys for items to prevent gungeoneers from using said keys. By selling the AKEY-47 and Shelleton Key to the player, he is effectively allowing them to kill as many of the Gungeon's sentient locks as they please.