|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Projectiles fired explode into smaller bullets on impact.
Though technically not how flak works, the Gungeon has always operated more on the naive assumption of how guns work than how they actually do.
- Whenever a bullet hits an enemy or wall, or reaches its maximum range, it splits into several smaller, lower-damage bullets that travel outwards within a limited range.
- Doubles the damage of Beam style Guns.
- Anti-Aircraft - If the player has RPG, it spawns seven homing flak bullets on impact.
- Piercing bullets will not split when hitting enemies, but will split when hitting a wall or reaching their maximum range.
- Different weapons have their bullets split into different numbers of smaller bullets, and the smaller bullets do varying amounts of damage.
- For example, the Marine Sidearm splits into 4 bullets, the Dungeon Eagle splits into 3, and the Winchester Rifle splits into 7.
- The damage of each smaller bullet is equal to the damage of the original bullet divided by the number of split bullets.
- The beam damage multiplier granted by Flak Bullets does not stack with the beam damage multipliers of Shock Rounds, Katana Bullets, Explosive Rounds, Shadow Bullets, Vorpal Bullets, Blank Bullets, Devolver Rounds or Hungry Bullets.
- Flak Bullets makes Casey fire three high-damage bullets when swung. This is due to the fact that Flak Bullets have a set range, while Casey normally shoots an invisible bullet with near-zero range. Whether this was intentional or not is unknown.
- Reflecting any enemy bullets with Casey causes the bullets reflected to split into multiple enemy bullets.
- The Shock Rounds-like chaining effect will not appear with child projectiles fired from the VertebraeK-47.
- Flak Bullets makes Alien Engine rapidly fire bullets when fired. The reason for this phenomenon is the same as for Casey.
- Flak Bullets does work with most beam weapons.
- Flak Bullets causes Boxing Glove to fire bullets in a relatively wide spread, and the reason for this is the same as Casey.
- If two copies of Flak Bullets are acquired through modding, luck or through the double item chest glitch, the smaller bullets will continuously split into more bullets. This continues until the game crashes or the extra copy of Flak Bullets is dropped.
- With Face Melter, bullets that come out of the amplifier will turn into default-looking bullets when splitting.
- Flak Bullets will overwrite the Terminated, Too - synergy on the Grenade Launcher. At least, this is true if the synergy comes from Lich's Eye Bullets.