|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Adds small explosive charges to some shots fired.
Originally developed by the Gundead Miners found deep in the Black Powder Mines, these small explosive charges work wonders when clearing a room.
A favorite of the Gunsling King, who enjoys the sound they make.
- Adds an 8.5% chance to fire bullets that explode upon hitting an enemy or object.
- The explosions deal 25 damage.
- This effect can only be triggered a maximum of once per second, making it seem like slower fire rate weapons have a higher chance.
- Gives beam style Guns an 8.5% chance every second while firing to gain double damage for one second, creating random seconds of double damage.
- Air Support - If the player has Air Strike, it will cover a massive area when used.
- Cerebral Bros - Upgrades the Bullet Bore to fire 2 drills.
- Reactive - Makes Lower Case r spell out ROCKET, BOOM, KABOOM, and POW when fired, and its shots explode.
- Shot Across The Bow - If the player has Gunbow, it fires explosive missiles.
- The explosions do not harm the player.
- Explosions can show secret room cracks when using starter guns.
- The beam damage multiplier sometimes granted by Explosive Rounds does not stack with the beam damage multipliers of Shock Rounds, Flak Bullets, Katana Bullets, Shadow Bullets, Vorpal Bullets, Blank Bullets, Devolver Rounds or Hungry Bullets.
- While the damage multiplier itself does not stack, the chance for the multiplier to be applied per-second does.
- If combined with Angry Bullets, explosive projectiles won't explode when hitting enemies and will just bounce off of them.
- If used with a shotgun, each pellet has a chance to explode. Since the explosion damage is fixed, this massively increases the power of shotguns.
- Explosions can destroy otherwise permanent fixtures to the wall, such as shelving in the mines.
- If the Alien Engine explodes using this round, it leaves a small area of fire.
- If combined with Irradiated Lead, Hot Lead, or Frost Bullets, explosions have a chance to leave a puddle of their respective element.
- Sometimes explosions from the item will not function properly if there is a large quantity of the player's bullets on screen. However, the game will attempt to load every potential explosion missed, even if the player is already several rooms away.
- Mega Blast might be a reference to Xenon 2 Megablast.