|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Map all 5 non-secret chambers for The Lost Adventurer.|
|Once And Future|
|Reload to clear the air of bullets. This abominable weapon angers the Jammed.
The weapon of a mythical hero, said to have mastered the Gungeon. Reloading initiates a defensive flurry of slashes, each positioned to carve a bullet from the air.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Buster Gun - If the player has RPG, Excaliber fires three or four shots in a cone whenever it is reloaded.
- Snicker-snack - If the player has Vorpal Bullets, Excaliber fires a spread of 3 homing shots that deal 20% less damage.
- Throw All Daggers - If the player has Knife Shield, it generates two layers of knives upon use.
- If reloaded with a partially emptied magazine, the sword swing will deal approximately 27.5 damage.
- If reloaded with an empty magazine, the sword swing will deal 80 damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unused: - If the player has Sprun, it causes an unknown effect.
- The fact that the weapon increases Curse while being carried stems from the Gungeon rejecting melee weapons.
- The Snicker-snack synergy is a reference to Lewis Carroll's poem Jabberwocky.
- The Buster Gun synergy is likely a reference to the Buster Sword, a weapon from the Final Fantasy RPG Series.
- The gun's name and sword-like appearance are a reference to the Excalibur, the sword associated with King Arthur, given to him by the Lady of the Lake.
- The name of the weapon is a portmanteau of Excalibur, the sword, and caliber, the internal diameter of the barrel of a gun or of a projectile.
- The weapon's quote is a reference to T. H. White's work The Once and Future King, which is largely about King Arthur's life.
- The gun's appearance when held by the character is likely a reference to the Qualta Blade carried by Ka D'Argo in Farscape.
- Specifically, the stylized grip that splits off from the stock/handle, and the way the sword splits down the middle to reveal the rifle.
- The physical Ammonomicon has a doodle of a crowd of Gundead, along with a crowned Bullet Kin. It's unknown if it's the Bullet King as a child, another Lead Lord, a possible Bullet Prince, or the mythical hero in the Entry for Excaliber.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Excaliber's appearance with the Buster Gun synergy.