|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Reward from hunting quests.|
|An inelegant weapon for a less civilized age. These guns were once used to make pianos out of teeth.|
Elephant Gun is a gun. It is a double-barrel shotgun that fires a cone spread of bullets and has strong knockback.
- Iron Stance - If the player also has Heavy Boots, the gun's damage and knockback are increased by 20%, its shot speed is increased by 50%, and its reload time is decreased by 20%.
- The Elephant In The Room - If the player also has Pig, Turkey, Owl, Chicken Flute, or Super Space Turtle, Elephant Gun becomes an elephant head and shoots a pink elephant instead of bullets. The elephant deals 30 damage and has strong knockback, but decreased fire rate.
- If the player has The Elephant In The Room and Bumbullets, an apparent bug causes bees to be fired at the original fire rate of the non-synergised Elephant Gun, while only firing the Elephant-shaped bullets at the expected fire rate of the upgraded version. This results in the player being able to fire three shots per reload by rapidly pulling or holding down the trigger, with the second shot being just a single bee, and the third shot not being followed by a bee at all. If the player waits between the first and second shot, until the 2nd Elephant In The Room shot is ready to fire, then the second shot will behave as expected, firing both an elephant and a bee.
- The Elephant Gun is in the SHOTGUN gun class, and as such benefits from the Shotgun Affinity synergy.
- So called elephant guns were very large weapons used for hunting big game during safaris, mostly in Africa. They had tremendously large bores of up to 25mm and were fired at close range, ensuring they would knock out the huge animals they were intended to stop. While the gun present in the game fires a spread, elephant guns loaded single lead projectiles, but they could be rifled or smoothbore.
- Piano keys used to be made from elephant tusk ivory, hence "pianos out of teeth".
- "An inelegant weapon for a less civilized age" is a reference to Star Wars, where the reverse of the phrase is used to describe a lightsaber.
- The gun could also be a reference to Looney Tunes and Elmer Fudd, the hunter who chases Bugs Bunny and uses a similar two-barreled shotgun. The lines "shoots elephants" and "used to make pianos out of teeth" are referencing gags which occur in several episodes.
- The fact the gun fires two shots could be a reference to George Orwell's 1936 essay "Shooting an Elephant" in which the narrator recounts shooting an elephant multiple times.
- The Elephant In The Room synergy's special bullets' appearance may be a reference to Phan Phan, a recurring enemy in the Kirby series.
Elephant Gun's appearance with the The Elephant in the Room synergy.