Resourceful Rat's Lair
|These superheated hammers fill the great Forge, forming an integral step in the production of Bullet Kin.|
Dead Blows periodically pound the ground, leaving a patch of fire on the ground and sending fire bullets in all directions. They cannot be killed, and disappear once the room is completed. If the player clears a room before a Dead Blow pounds the ground, it will not fire any bullets.
Some Dead Blows follow the player, while others are stationary. If a Dead Blow is targeting the player, it is indicated by a red reticle.
- Dead Blows can appear on any floor in Challenge Mode, with the Hammer Time modifier.
- As of the Advanced Gungeons & Draguns Update, the Dead Blow does not appear in the in-game Ammonomicon.
- The Dead Blow's bullet ring is 12 bullets, and its actual swing takes a moment. It is possible to avoid all damage from a blow simply by walking diagonally.
- The Dead Blow's name refers to dead-blow hammers, which have rubber or shot-filled heads designed to soften the blow and avoid damaging the target surface. Ironically, this is the type of real hammer that is least like a Dead Blow.
- It could also refers to a very common RPG element: "The Death Blow", which is the fatal hit that will kill a character.