This page is about the NPC. For Enter the Gungeon's Challenge Mode, see; Challenge Mode.
Enter the Gungeon
In Enter the Gungeon, Daisuke will first appear in a cell in the Gungeon after the player has beaten the High Dragun once, or used an Icosahedrax Shrine three times. He can be freed from this cell by obtaining a cell key on the same floor.
Once freed, Daisuke will appear in the Breach (in the same room as the Sorceress, in the top right of the Breach) and allow the player to pay 6 to enable Challenge Mode. After 30 attempts, this price drops to 1.
After Challenge Mode has been beaten once, interacting with Daisuke after paying to enable Challenge Mode will allow the player to activate 'Double Challenge Mode' for even more difficulty.
|In The Breach|
Offering Challenge Mode:
If The Player Can't Afford Challenge Mode:
Activating Challenge Mode:
Player Declined Challenge Mode:
Offering Double Challenge Mode:
Activating Double Challenge Mode:
Player Declined Double Challenge Mode:
Speaking to Daisuke in the Breach multiple times after Challenge Mode has already been activated will result in Daisuke stating random numbers. Some numbers have extra dialogue associated with them.
- 1: "Hahahaha... 1."
- 13: "13. Bad luck, (character name)."
- 17-19: The number with an exclamation mark.
- 20: "20! Wow, that almost never happens!"
Exit the Gungeon
Once freed, Daisuke can appear at random in a room in the Gungeon. Upon meeting the player Daisuke will read their Combo via a device called the 'combomiter'. He will then reward the player with a Chest, the quality of which is determined by the level of the player's combo. Daisuke does not charge for this service.
|Combo Level||Reward Quality|
|1 - 6|
|7 - 13|
|14 - 19|
After being encountered five times or more in the Gungeon, Daisuke may give a quest to the player. He will explain that he is hungry, and will request that the player fetch him Gunnut Butter and a Pretzel Stick. These items can be carefully snatched out from under Rat-Shaped balloons in Winchester's Original Game and Just Desserts Golf, with Gunnut Butter always being obtained first.
Once these two items have been delivered to Daisuke (they do not need to be delivered on the same run) an item will be unlocked.
|Spoken To Expecting Butter or Pretzel:
Spoken To For A Second Time:
1 - 6 Combo:
Given Gunnut Butter:
Exit Specific Notes
- Daisuke is the only NPC in Exit the Gungeon who requests two different items for his personal quest.
- If Gunnut Butter or Pretzel Stick are collected, a room containing Daisuke will appear at the next possible opportunity to allow the player to deliver the items.
- Daisuke is a D20, a twenty-sided die that is commonly used in Dungeons and Dragons. When spoken to in Enter the Gungeon, his responses reference D&D wherein a 1 is a critical failure and a 20 is a critical success.
- Daisuke's name is a pun on a common Japanese name and the English word 'dice'.