|Location:||Black Powder Mine|
|I'm Burning Up!|
|The Coaler is an unrefined piece of coal that has taken up arms, though it is unclear that they are as purposeful as the Gundead.
Take care, as they ignite easily, and wander erratically once aflame.
Coalers are coal-like enemies which burst into flames once they take damage, causing them to move and fire faster and more erratically.
Coalers walk towards the player, occasionally shooting at the player. Upon taking damage, they will burst into flames, causing them to move around erratically and release flaming bullets in random directions. Ignited Coalers may also light pools of oil on fire, by means of a small oil trail they leave. However, they are not invulnerable to fire damage once ignited, with the exception of their own oil trails.
- When Jammed Coalers are on fire, they will lose any visual aspect of being jammed, but will still deal 1 heart of damage.
- Coalers do not ignite when attacked with an ice or water weapon.
- If damaged by Gungeon Pepper or poison upon spawning, the Coaler will appear to burn but will not behave as if it is on fire.
- A Coaler can be seen in the final scene of The Bullet's past holding Really Special Lute.
- Coalers hold the Trank Gun.