|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Transport Ox's replacement arm back up to The Breach.|
|The Real Me|
An uncomfortable answer to an uncomfortable truth. This clone can replace a single Gungeoneer upon their death, with almost no lapse in memory.
Clone is a passive item in both Enter and Exit the Gungeon. In both of its incarnations, Clone serves as an extra life item that revives the player back at the start of their run retaining all of their items, guns and pickups, excluding Clone itself.
- Upon death, the player is revived in the starting room of the first floor, retaining all items, guns, and pickups except Clone itself.
- If the shopkeeper has been angered (ex. shooting in shop, stealing), he will not return after revival.
- Allows the collection of duplicate Master Rounds on a single run, all of which count towards unlocking the Super Hot Watch.
- If Pig was also acquired, it will activate first upon death.
- If Gun Soul was also acquired, it will activate first upon death. If the player is killed a second time before retrieving their soul, Clone will respawn them as normal (without the cosmetic effect), but they will still be limited to one heart container. This can be fixed by using the Save Button and resuming the run, or by finding another Gun Soul in order to die and interact with the soul (in both cases, the returned heart containers will be empty).
- If the run was started through a shortcut, the player will be revived on the floor that they started on.
- Curse does not reset when respawning with Clone.
- As The Robot cannot gain heart containers, it always respawns with 6 armor.
- Clone does not carry over into the past; the player will not be revived if they die in the past.
- If the player perfects the Resourceful Rat fights, he will still not steal from the player after revival.
- Players can fight the Resourceful Rat again after respawning, however, upon entering the Resourceful Rat's lair, any extra Rat Keys will disappear from the player's inventory.
- If the player is holding more than one Clone when they die, the extra Clones will also be removed from the player's inventory when they revive. However, extra Clones can still be obtained after the player dies.
- If the player obtains the Ancient Serpent before they die, it's not lost after revival.
- If the player is one hit away from death and takes damage while having Glass Guon Stones, they will not break and will remain with the player when they revive.
- If the player respawns from a Clone, they can get another Clone in a chest afterwards. However, it's extremely rare and usually happens in Rainbow Mode.
- In co-op, if The Paradox starts with Clone, it can be traded with The Cultist and allows The Paradox to continuously carry clones whenever they die and when clone is activated from The Cultist, allowing excessive clone runs unless the game crashes or the players save and quit the game.
- In co-op, if the player with Clone dies first, the Clone is consumed but the effect doesn't trigger.
- If the player dies immediately after killing the first form of the Lich, the hand will still grab the player and take them underground. However, this does not take the player to the second form of the Lich. Instead, it softlocks the game.
- If the player dies at the same time as the second form of the Lich, the fade-to-white screen transition will play after respawning and softlock the game.
- If the player dies to fire, they will still be on fire when they respawn.
- If in co-op and the player with Clone dies first, Clone will be lost and cannot be picked up by the other player
- If the player kills a boss right after dying, when they respawn, they will be unable to do anything except open and use the pause menu.
- If the player pauses the game at the exact moment they die, the game will freeze on the black screen.
- If the player is knocked into a pit after dying with Clone, they will take damage upon respawning and also be unable to do anything except open and use the pause menu on a black screen.
- If the player dies while holding an empty weapon, there is a chance that the weapon will no longer be in their possession upon revival.