|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Kill The Bullet's past.|
|The sounds from this strange instrument seem to have summoned a chicken.
Chicken Flute is a passive item.
- Spawns a chicken that follows the player, blocks bullets, and deals 2.5 contact damage to enemies it touches.
- After the chicken takes a certain amount of damage, an army of chickens spawns that attacks all enemies in the room.
- This of course doesn't kill the original chicken companion, who can trigger the effect multiple times in the same room, should it take enough damage again.
- Bullet or the Egg - If the player has The Scrambler, its shots become larger and split into 10 seekers instead of 5.
- The Elephant in the Room - If the player has Elephant Gun, it becomes an elephant head and shoots elephants instead of bullets.
- Tea For Two - If the player also has Teapot, while reloading the Teapot, a small red aura will appear around the chicken. Every enemy in this aura will be ignited.
- The chicken rapidly takes damage on electrified water, almost instantly triggering the effect.
- The chicken can be damaged by Shock Rounds.
- If the player has Baby Good Mimic, it will turn the Mimic into a Chicken as well resulting in two chickens that will follow the player.
- If duplicates of this item are somehow obtained, adds another chicken to the player's kit.
- If the player has Grappling Hook, they can use it on the chicken to deal damage to it and activate it's army of chickens effect.
- Unused: Chickensword - If the player has Blasphemy, Blasphemy will still be able to fire its sword projectile even when the player is not at full HP. Removed because it contains a starting weapon.
- This item is a reference to Cuccos in the Legend of Zelda series, where if Link attacks a Cucco three times, an army of Cuccos will appear, attacking the player.
- The appearance of the item itself is also a reference to The Fairy Ocarina in the Legend of Zelda series, which can play different songs which serve different purposes.
- The pickup quote, "Fowl play", is a play on the common expression "Foul play" and the fact that chickens are a type of fowl.
- The synergy Bullet or the Egg is a reference to the question "which came first: the chicken or the egg?".